Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!

I'm a 26 year old guy from the UK, and very much a geek. I've recently been through a pretty major change - new job, new house, and relocating to a new part of the country. After a few grim years, things are starting to look up, which is always nice.

I've been on the large side most of my post uni adult life - I'm 6'2", and currently hovering around the 290lb mark. My heaviest was 322lb approximately two years ago. I have made progress, but have been stalled around the 290lb mark for a good while. Honestly, for me it comes down to diet - and that recent job change? Rather than working all over the place, and being on my feet most of the day, I now drive a desk. So, further changes clearly have to be made. I have quite a few bad habits I need to break - the worst being energy drinks. As awesome as my job is, them leaving cases of the stuff lying around doesn't help!

Still, for my weight, I'm reasonably active and manage a 3-day a week gym routine - mostly based around free weights and bodyweight exercises . Whilst I haven't really lost weight, what I DO seem to have lost is fat - I'm feeling a lot better, and do seem to be getting stronger.

But, like I said I'm stalled. I'm on the cusp of awesomeness, and I've proved to myself I can make changes - I just need to get on with it! So hopefully NF will provide that little push and support mechanism I need - sadly even with all the changes, I still fly solo when it comes to diet and training.

Right, that's my introduction - now for goal setting! A challenge is a challenge, after all - and what warrior wouldn't rise to meet one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nairoz, Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 5 | WIS 1 | CHA 2

Well technically, you aren't alone anymore! Thousands of people here are fighting the same epic struggle as you. Keep up the changes, be smart, and work hard. You can do it! Welcome. :D

|
|

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"I can only be beaten in two ways: If I give up or if I die."