Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel Running Festival (April 1 - April 7)

I did my 10k today (first time I ran over 5k in years). So happy to do it without walking or stopping. I set my pace a little too slow initially since the second half was 13 seconds faster than the first half.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Day one of the Rebel Running Festival is here, and we're starting to see times roll in already. I just finished my 5k...I was lucky enough to be paced by an ultramarathoner from my running group and pulled up with a PB 22:18! Watch this space for 10k results later this week...

Woo, congrats on the PB! :D Fantastic time.

I did my 10k today (first time I ran over 5k in years). So happy to do it without walking or stopping. I set my pace a little too slow initially since the second half was 13 seconds faster than the first half.

Awesome! And next time you'll have a better idea of how to pace yourself. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Ran my 10K today! It's the second time I've ever run one, and I used the same route as the one I ran a couple weeks ago. It starts out with a 2.5 mile steady climb followed by about a mile downhill, which is really nice. After that is the last uphill segment, about 3/4 mile I guess. It's tough, but since I was mentally prepared for it this time it was a bit easier. The rest is a gentle downhill with about a half mile flat section at the very end. I did my best to bust out the last mile as quickly as possible.

When I ran the first 10K a couple weeks ago I finished in about 59 minutes with a few stops at traffic lights. Today I finished in 54:23 with only one stop, putting me at 54:53.

Depending on how my Crossfit workouts go this week, I might do a 5K on Thursday. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

Ran my 10K today! It's the second time I've ever run one, and I used the same route as the one I ran a couple weeks ago. It starts out with a 2.5 mile steady climb followed by about a mile downhill, which is really nice. After that is the last uphill segment, about 3/4 mile I guess. It's tough, but since I was mentally prepared for it this time it was a bit easier. The rest is a gentle downhill with about a half mile flat section at the very end. I did my best to bust out the last mile as quickly as possible.

When I ran the first 10K a couple weeks ago I finished in about 59 minutes with a few stops at traffic lights. Today I finished in 54:23 with only one stop, putting me at 54:53.

Depending on how my Crossfit workouts go this week, I might do a 5K on Thursday. :)

Well done Chels! That's a great time - took me a couple years to get to that point :) I'm impressed!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Every time I turn around you are accomplishing one of my goals! ;)

Great time - I'm running my first real 10k in 2 weeks, and am aiming for 55 minutes myself. Got out and ran the full distance for the first time yesterday, finished in 59 minutes. With the proper rest/fuel/adrenaline - I'm hoping I can get 4 minutes off of it.

Fully recovered from the week of sunstroke disaster, and have cranked out my 5K and 10K. I admit it, I cheated slightly and did my 5K on March 31st...I hope I won't be DQed! :P

5K: 21:36

10K: 45:24

Both PBs - but the 10K time is still a little short of what I should be able to do based on my 5K. I need to work on my endurance some more...I tend to slow in the 6th, 7th and 8th kms, before speeding up for the finish!

Every time I turn around you are accomplishing one of my goals! ;)

Great time - I'm running my first real 10k in 2 weeks, and am aiming for 55 minutes myself. Got out and ran the full distance for the first time yesterday, finished in 59 minutes. With the proper rest/fuel/adrenaline - I'm hoping I can get 4 minutes off of it.

You can totally do it! Are you going to be running the same route again? It seemed to help me this time because I was familiar with where the uphill and downhill sections were.

What other goals of yours have I accomplished?

5K: 21:36

10K: 45:24

Both PBs - but the 10K time is still a little short of what I should be able to do based on my 5K. I need to work on my endurance some more...I tend to slow in the 6th, 7th and 8th kms, before speeding up for the finish!

Wow, amazing times! Congratulations. :D

Well done Chels! That's a great time - took me a couple years to get to that point :) I'm impressed!

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

You can totally do it! Are you going to be running the same route again? It seemed to help me this time because I was familiar with where the uphill and downhill sections were.

What other goals of yours have I accomplished?

It will be a different route, unfortunately. The race will be in downtown Ann Arbor - yesterday I just ran 6.2 miles around my house.

As far as goals, I thought I remembered you working on a few of the same goals as me in one of your blog posts - squatting bw and running a 7 minute mile come to mind.

It will be a different route, unfortunately. The race will be in downtown Ann Arbor - yesterday I just ran 6.2 miles around my house.

As far as goals, I thought I remembered you working on a few of the same goals as me in one of your blog posts - squatting bw and running a 7 minute mile come to mind.

Ah, yes, you're correct about those goals. :) Haven't quite reached them yet, but hopefully I can in the next couple weeks!

And I bet the race adrenaline will help you run faster. I can't wait to learn your results!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

-Mary Hollinshead

Wow! Impressive everyone! I've posted up my 5K which might be a little slower because it came at the end of my first tri, but it still is a timed race PR for me. Might not be a winner but I'm pleased.

I'm hoping that I'll go for a 10K before the weekend and seeing everyone so jazzed will likely get me out there. Thanks for the inspiration all!