Forums are back in action! ×

Back after a long while... Ready for a new journey. Almost.

Hi there fellow rebels- not entirely sure where to begin, so I suppose the present is a good place to start...

I signed up for NerdFitness just over a year ago, but then I ended up getting out of the routine... you know how it goes.  I'd hem and haw at getting back into working out and even managed to gain some weight (part of my long-term goal).  I was recently ordained a Catholic priest, am serving in my first assignment and loving the life- I even attempted to start a solid workout routine with a fellow priest in town.

Then the fire nation attacked...

Actually I wound up losing weight suddenly and inexplicable I began losing weight and experiencing some serious stomach troubles.  I'm 26 and have, aside from being on the small side, been in good health my whole life.  For the last while I've been bouncing around between doctors and (finally) we seem to be coming closer to the cause of what's been going on.  I've always managed stress well and can generally distinguish between my on-going stomach pain and stress.

At the end of the day it appears that I'm going to need to be on a FODMAP diet (well worth looking up for more info).  I'm still a bit of a way from being certain that this is the route to go, but I've already redoubled my desire to join the rebellion and get fit.

My goals are going to be:

-Master my new diet

-Learn to cook and commit to cooking meals rather than quick or "grazing" meals

-Gain 20 pounds

-Get on a regular, sustainable workout routine

Just wanted to introduce myself, not going to be able to exactly do the working out for the next little while, but planning on making the changes I can right away- starting the journey all over again.

• Like 1