Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not going to go super into detail, but needless to say I'm here to respawn. I've literally been gaining/losing the same 5-10 lbs for the past year and half. And I'm tired of it. And I can't imagine it's good for my body, let alone my mind. Inspiration? The recent article about Joe. And another article about Amy, who said that you don't have to be perfect all the time. This is exactly my problem, I always feel as though if I make one mistake, I'm done for.

What do I plan on doing different this time? Stop worrying and focusing and stressing so much. I can't count calories, I get too obsessive about it. I'm just going to make better choices. I'm actually pretty close to paleo already, but I just let my cheat days turn into cheat weeks (I mean who hasn't!). For the next month I'm going to focus on working out and making healthy eating choices, with my main focus being that I am going to stop eating when I feel like I'm getting full. Working out wise, I've been running (not far, just a mile or so a couple times a week) but making sure I hit my 11,000 step goal on my Fitbit. I also do Buti yoga a couple times a week, and I'm actually getting certified in 2 weeks! Unfortunately I've totally been slacking and need to practice, so I've written in my planner essentially a schedule of the next weeks of what I need to do each day workout-wise.

And that's about it for now, I gotta go for a run ;)

For me when I was trying to lose weight I just focused on one thing.  The food.  Well, I did walk every day for 30 minutes but it wasn't intense.  It was like a stroll, a way to clear my head.  But I digress.  Back to the food.  I did a whole 30.  i didn't get too adventurous with it but I was very strict. During the course of the whole 30  I discovered that bread is a sugar trigger for me.  Once I cut it out it was pretty easy for me to stick to eating clean.  I didn't even crave fruit.  Keeping a food log also helped.  I put all my energy into one thing and that seemed to be the key to my success.  

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge