Forums are back in action! ×

yo!

I'm 24, 5'6", like long walks on the beach and ethnic foods :D. I have done a lot of research on fitness and nutrition lately and I could not stop clicking on almost all links of NF. I guess I just need a little motivation. I used to be a Parkour traceur but after a failed relationship, falling into depression and moving onto a desk job, I'm at 230 lbs. and now eager to get in shape. My goal is somewhere around 150 lbs. by the end of the year. Sounds a little out of reach but that's how I like it. I guess I'm a Dwarf trying to get into the Assassin business.

I am definitely trying to change my diet. I have a very strong will, but it's difficult at times. My girlfriend (who I love dearly) is also overweight and even though she does want to get in shape, she doesn't really want to make sacrifices which is a little tough on me when we share meals or when she cooks for me. I do love the taste of her food, though. I haven't started the workout part yet but I will next week (no "maybe"s, no "hopefully"s). Going through this site, including Saint's story really has inspired me! I just hope that inspiration lasts for more than a month.

Anyway, That's my story for now. Hopefully by the end of the year my story will be about how much more in shape I am and how I'm slowly going into the single digits of Body Fat %. Like Natsu from Fairy Tail (Any anime people out there?) would say: I'm Getting Fired Up!

-Mal

Half-Demon Adventurer (Hoping to become an Assassin)Fitocracy |Twitter

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Welcome!!

Thirded on the SO who doesn't eat healthy. I need to start cleverly disguising the things I eat...and just not telling him.

What part of NC are you from? Which workout are you planning to start?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I gotta say that even though I only know a few dishes, I do make them pretty delicious! I honestly don't really care too much if she's a bit overweight. She is cute and sexy to me regardless. What gets to me is how she says she wants to loose weight but she still wants to eat... whatever she wants to eat.

Anyway, I'm from the Charlotte area, I kinda move around a bit with work and stuff. I don't have a routine per se at the moment. It's been a long time since I've been active so I will probably just start out with some walking/running for a week or two just to get my body used to moving again, then move in to strength training and maybe doing some paleo... I do love rice, though, white or brown. How about you, guys (and gals)? Where are you from and how are you doing with your goals?

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Here, you can have my rice *gives you rice*.

I'm near Lansing, MI and my hubby and I are talking about moving to NC when I am done with school. He has been to Charlotte and I have been to Raleigh/Durham, so we are planning to take a joint visit to both those places sometime this year.

I am doing pretty good on my goals (gaining strength/muscle). I just upped my calorie intake to 1900 today (from 1200) so we'll see how that does me!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Charlotte is pretty great. Southern enough that the people are nice and Northern enough for it to be an actual "city" and be efficient. Raleigh just seems too... I don't know.. bland? to me? All I picture in my mind is big, white buildings. I guess it depends on what you're into and holy crap, young lady, you post A LOT. I used to count calories, now I mostly just keep a mental balance and replaced a lot of foods with better versions, non-processed, etc.

and holy crap, young lady, you post A LOT.

Haha, what tipped you off? What can I say, I'm really into fitness and nerdiness, and I'm bored at work all day, and none of my friends are into fitness like I am :P So here is where I spend my time!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Badwolf, I love your name! I almost signed up as The Doctor, lol. We don't live together, although we have talked about marriage before. We're happy, I just don't want her dying at 45, ya know? Maybe I can lead by example and she will join me once I start loosing weight and bench pressing her! Mwahahah! Mir, I'm glad you're here. I remember I used to be addicted to a forum once.

So! What do you guys do for fun?

It's funny you say that...my husband is not into fitness and I'm hoping he will change his tune after I can bench press him! Got quite a ways to go though...

I read, play video games, watch movies, go on nature hikes, and travel for fun. Once I'm done with school I want to start doing martial arts and/or start playing my flute again :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Once I'm done with school I want to start doing martial arts and/or start playing my flute again :)

Thanks for typing that Mir! It reminded me to put it on my long term goal list to pick up my flute again and get good at it. I played 6th-12th grade and used to play often enough to remember it all and a few years ago I took it out after a year or so break and couldn't even remember all the fingerings. Ugh!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

I play some guitar. It's been a few months (like... 18) since I've even picked mine up, though. I started playing again about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I can get better :) I used to do Aikido and honestly, I miss it. I kinda... stopped going because of class... I'm kinda embarrassed to go back, that was a few years ago. I guess I'm a regular nerd, video games, movies, anime, nature, travel, music... food! xD I love food. And cuddling!... and football, Grrr...