Forums are back in action! ×

Baseball! Beer! BBQ! Nuff Said!

Call me nerdy but theres nothing better then my Braves, Beer, and BBQ. :chop chop: I also follow the Red Soxs and Cubs, just for kicks.

That being said, theres a nasty little rumor going around claiming that the NL may adopt the Designated Hitter rule in the next couple of years. Personally I'm with Kevin Costner on this one. Who do y'all root for?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Wake Your Dreams...

white sox all the way. i just got chills thinking about how much i love going to their games. my version of heaven would be going to a sox game at the cell on an awesome spring day w/ hot dog and beer in hand.

9a895d4a9ab884089ebc59511529b703.300.jpg

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Houston Astros fan here.

Not looking forward to the move to the AL next year, unless they new owner decides to open up the coffers for a few good free agents.

Anyone else live out of the market of their favorite team going to get MLB.TV?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

"Sweat more in peace, so you bleed less in war."

Houston Astros fan here.

Not looking forward to the move to the AL next year, unless they new owner decides to open up the coffers for a few good free agents.

Anyone else live out of the market of their favorite team going to get MLB.TV?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

i had it last year, and it was pretty great. i downloaded the app to my iPhone and spent one of my tattoo sessions watching a game, ha. not sure i'm going to get it again this year, but if you watch at least a couple games a week, it might be worth it.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

I Bleed Dodger Blue! I love watching and going to the games, especially when we are west of the Rockies and I get to hear Vin Scully call the games either at home, or on the radio I take with me to the park :D (I am so sad my children wont be able to enjoy his golden voice)

I used to have a soft spot for the Angels back when they sucked, before they had an identity crisis (I still call them the California Angels... not the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Orange County Southern California United States North America Earth or whatever they call themselves now :P)

I also hate the DH btw. I feel it takes away from the strategy of the game.

Houston Astros fan here.

I'm no Astros fan, but I feel your pain... seriously minus the Wild Card (though I hate that they added ANOTHER Wild Card), everything Bud Selig has done I have hated! Why can't he send 'his' Brewers back to the AL! Home field for the World Series determined by the All Star game!? Interleague play!? No pardon for Pete Rose, yet steroids run rampant!? Ugh don't get me started. lol

|
|

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done."

"I can only be beaten in two ways: If I give up or if I die."

Phillies, yo! Always get tics to see them play the braves, too. Got at least 12 games lined up so far this year.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Guest Snake McClain
Bruce, have you ever tried enjoying beer and BBQ while watching baseball (at the stadium, not on tv)? It's like the trifecta of the Bs.

actually no i haven't. i love baseball games in person because i like the enviornment but i never cheer for a team. someone needs to make me a fan of a team. this will be the "make bruce the fan of 'x' team" thread.

and no. the trifecta of "b's" is bruce, bbq and beer".

EDIT: Sometimes i say things ^ and realize that my internet personality must really come off douchey. i hope everyone knows i'm joking.

Be an angry Mets fan...its fun...I've been mad since the 90s lol haven't had a good year since 07....haven't won a world series since 86. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JakSavage

Level 2 Half-Dragon Ranger

STR:6 DEX:5 STA:5 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

All your specs are belong to us!

We getcha brucie, dont worry!

I was born in Brooklyn, and that means you have to be a fan of a team that no longer exists...the Brooklyn Dodgers reverberate through the memories of all the old folk living there...its funny though since both my parents are immigrants that I even picked up baseball as an interest. So, if you are from brooklyn and the Dodgers are gone, you root for the Mets cause you CANT be a yankee fan (there are of course NOW exceptions to the rule, but I was born in 64 and it was a very divisive issue!)...

I met my New Hampshirite husband in 1983 and we almost didn't get married in 1987 because my team had beat the Sox (BUCKNER!), but over the years, he has worn me down and unless there was a head to head again, I gotta say, Sox girl--nuff said.

WE adore baseball and try to make as many games as we can both at Fenway and at Citifield...have even been to see the Pawsox play and whenever we travel we catch major league baseball if we can. Have been to see the Marniners, Oakland, Cubs (oh wrigley where my girls fell in love with ball!), Nationals and Phillies, oh and stankys...lol I would love to go to a game in every major league park--when I win the lotto!

Already watched a few pre-season games--we get the MLB extra innings and the sports package on satellite and cable (yes, we have both, so Pete can get NESN and listen to GOOD commentators--don and jerry rule!)...

Can't wait for opening day! have been a number of times-not to be this year but will be there in spirit!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

We need a meet up at a game so we can introduce Bruce to the trifecta. And you don't have to pick a team, sometimes its fun just to watch :D Personally I prefer seeing a game in person, radio then t.v. And god bless mlb.tv. I love being able to catch spring training games. Now if the Braves would win and end the curse of last Sept :mutters darkly: Who else can blow an entire season with one game. Grrr. I'll admit I miss some of the older players from the 90's. <3s David Justice, Tom Glavin and many others.

Wake Your Dreams...

I'm jealous oystergirl! Never been to CitiField yet. We had season tix for a while but when we moved down to FL, we eventually got rid of them (right before they were hiked when Citi Field was being built). I used to root for the Sox in the AL, but now I'm becoming more of a Rays fan...it's the Central Floridian in me!

@GreenEyesBright: A certain Braves fan friend of mine laughed at me during the Mets epic collapse, I guess it was just karma. But I adore Tommy Glavine too. Never thought I would as a Brave, but when he played for us he was such a class act and good man in addition to a great pitcher. I'm in Orlando (when I'm not in school) so I usually get to go see Mets-Braves at Disney, but this year I'm going to Viera instead...Mets-Braves at Disney is happening right now, so we'll see how that turns out!

Quinn- Thats what I miss. The good men, the nice ones with strong work ethics and family values. Not these hollywood ballplayers. I tell you what. Old as Chipper is, I'm still mad about his affairs. He diminished baseball in my eyes for years. I've never forgiven him.

Oystergirl- Y'all are doing it wrong! Betcha don't have boiled peanuts up there either... I will concede that dogs are just better at baseball games but tailgating is half the fun of baseball.

Wake Your Dreams...