Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there! My name is Kristen and I'm new to Nerd Fitness forums! I've actually been following Nerd Fitness Academy and I've been on the Rebel Women FB page, but this is my first time checking out the forums. Forums, in general, are completely new to me, but I think being connected with you all here will be a super valuable resource!

I've already lost 20lbs following the program and eating paleo (yay!) but I want to reach my doctor's "recommended" weight which is 175lbs. I'm currently 225. 50lbs... YEESH.  :culpability:

I don't think it's impossible, but it will be difficult, which is why I would love to have a "Jedi council" of friends to help guide me in this journey. I never thought I could lose the first 20lbs, so who's to stop me from losing the other 50lbs?

My game plan is simple... Level up by taking small steps. Eating paleo 80/20, working out 5 days a week (NF bodyweight plan & Wii exercises). 

Things I could use some help/advice with:

Epic Quest List: I have no idea how to structure quests. I know what I want to do, but I'm not sure how to create steps for the quest. 

Bullet Journaling: I think this is a huge thing for Rebels to help them track progress, and I want to get on board! Not sure where to start though...

Jedi Council: Looking for people to level up with! Either that I can mentor or that would be willing to mentor me.

Guilds: Still deciding what guild to join, but I'm leaning towards Adventurers... 

Thanks for reading Rebels!!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

I do not know much about the bullet journaling myself but I know there are plenty of others here who do.

I'm not sure what you are looking for in a mentor but if I can help I will.

Any guild would be glad to have you, while you are deciding drop by the Ranger's mini for this challenge cycle (actually think it is running through the end of the year but not sure about that...)  it is open to any and all who wish to participate...  in fact it is designed as a cross-guild mini-challenge this time trying to bring all of us a little closer together.

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Hi 

welcome to the rebellion

May be this can help you with sorting the epic quest

have fun

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

18 hours ago, bker1370 said:

Welcome aboard.

I do not know much about the bullet journaling myself but I know there are plenty of others here who do.

I'm not sure what you are looking for in a mentor but if I can help I will.

Any guild would be glad to have you, while you are deciding drop by the Ranger's mini for this challenge cycle (actually think it is running through the end of the year but not sure about that...)  it is open to any and all who wish to participate...  in fact it is designed as a cross-guild mini-challenge this time trying to bring all of us a little closer together.

Thanks so much!! Where would I find the Ranger's mini challenge? And I will definitely be following your posts for inspiration on how to structure quests and level up... I think I'm getting myself a little overwhelmed at the moment!

24 minutes ago, Akari said:

Welcome :)

and congratulation to losing 20lbs.

If you want o know something about bullet journal try it here

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/89316-bullet-journaling/#comment-2019096

iIt's not a guide, but you can ask the people there anything, you want to know.

Thank you! Yeah I've never been much of journal-er, but I've been checking out Pinterest for ideas. It really does help to iron out what you want to do in a day/week/month/year... 

6 hours ago, Kricket2789 said:

gotta remember to take those small steps!

Yep baby steps.

Also set small goals for a short period of time. Like a lose few pound in the next two weeks, rather than get to the desired weight by new year or something. 

• Like 1

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Ranger Mini-challenge here.

Since you are already feeling a little overwhelmed, I will catch you up on what has happened so far (seeing as this particular thread is at 14 pages already LOL)...

Week 1 our story began with some demons kidnapping some villagers, we did a self-determined Distance Feat searching for clues on where they ha taken them.

Week 2 our story continued with the demons following us back to the ranger guildhall and attacking giving us a Combat Feat (whatever that means to each of us) to defend our guildhall.

Week 3 opens with us having beaten/driven off the demon attacks, however they managed to set fire to the guildhall and a large section of it has collapsed trapping some of our friends and comrades under the rubble, we have a Strength Feat  this week (no extra work, just record the volume of heavy stuff lifted as we try to save our friends).

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

8 hours ago, bker1370 said:

Ranger Mini-challenge here.

Since you are already feeling a little overwhelmed, I will catch you up on what has happened so far (seeing as this particular thread is at 14 pages already LOL)...

Week 1 our story began with some demons kidnapping some villagers, we did a self-determined Distance Feat searching for clues on where they ha taken them.

Week 2 our story continued with the demons following us back to the ranger guildhall and attacking giving us a Combat Feat (whatever that means to each of us) to defend our guildhall.

Week 3 opens with us having beaten/driven off the demon attacks, however they managed to set fire to the guildhall and a large section of it has collapsed trapping some of our friends and comrades under the rubble, we have a Strength Feat  this week (no extra work, just record the volume of heavy stuff lifted as we try to save our friends).

Wow that's awesome!! I love how it's a story... Ok, so this week is a strength feat? I'll see what I can do! ;)

One of my favorite BUJO (bullet journal) inspiration sites is Boho Berry at http://www.bohoberry.com/. Lots of ideas on getting started there. A word of advise though, if I may, her pages are very pretty and very time consuming thus, take only what will work for you and what you are comfortable with and nothing more; feel no guilt for not having the most decked out and beautiful pages. It's about functionality not beauty!

DA1331

Follow my Epic Quest to AWESOMENESS at https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/134137