Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all! I'm new to Nerd Fitness, so I thought I would introduce myself to the community.

There are a few background things you need to know about me:

1. I became a vegetarian in high school.
  2. Since then, I've gained 60 pounds. I've yo-yo'd with my weight and tried various diets, but I would always get discouraged and quit.
  3. I'm bored of my job - after 3 years with the same company, I feel like it's time to move on. I need something challenging.

My current situation:

1. I "quit" my vegetarianism cold turkey 2 weeks ago and jumped right into a paleo lifestyle
  2. For the first time in my life, I feel optimistic about losing weight and getting healthy. I'm not dieting this time around - I started eating meat because my body was craving it. I'm learning to listen to my body. I see paleo as a sustainable lifestyle that makes so much sense. I'm already seeing improvements in my concentration and sleep, in just two short weeks of eating meat!
  3. I'm starting a new job in 3 weeks. I'm anxious, but extremely excited to start something new!

1. I found Nerd Fitness. The articles, the challenges, the community, the blogs...I love it all. I don't get a lot of support from family and friends, so I'm extremely grateful to have this support system. I'm currently participating in the 6 week challenge...yeah!!!

I'm feeling upbeat, determined, and happy. I'd forgotten what that felt like.
      I am going to be a success story, damn it!