Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone,

My name is James and I live in Scotland. I found this place last week thanks to a recommendation from a friend of mine in Texas, who found this place first. I've dipped in a few times and even completed a couple of small quests and have to say I find the idea absolutely fantastic and inspiring. Anything that can help me stay focused on becoming fitter, healthier and getting more out of life has to be a good thing. I'll also be aware of collecting too many underpants. ;) It's time to stop thinking about becoming better and start doing it. To make small changes bit by bit and have them stick. No more backsliding and ending up back at square one if I can help it. 

I've had a bit of a browse of the different classes and think scout would be a good choice for me as running is something I've been on again off again with for a few years now and that I want to be a lot more consistent with, because I enjoy it and it helps me towards my goals. I wouldn't mind branching out and getting into strength training etc in time but I don't want to be trying to do so many things that I do them all badly. 

I just had major chest surgery last week so my first focus is just healing from that. I'll be looking around and trying to get a grasp of all this community offers as I work on being the best person I can be.

• Like 2

Hi

welcome to the rebellion

Stay with the scouts but dont stop your self from experimenting with other class' training. You never know what you may like.

9 hours ago, The Running Man said:

my first focus is just healing

Heal fast. Stay safe

Have fun here

• Like 1

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Hiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!! **waves frantically**

Another Scottish Nerd, woohoo! There's a fair few of us on here, there's even been a few organised meets and weekend get togethers. If you check out the Europe meet-ups forum you'll find the info about the last meet. 

Where abouts are you? I'm in Shetland but originally from Fort William in the West Highlands. I'm also recovering from surgery and injury so I know what that's like and how frustrating the recovery period can be, especially when you want to get back to fitness. It sucks, but it's necessary. Trying to run before you can walk leads to injury and just delays the healing process. But you probably know that already, I'll shut up now. :D 

It really is a great community, if you need any help finding your way around then just shout. There's a new challenge going to start next week which you can take part in. I know, I know, the chest surgery thingy, but it doesn't need to be about exercise. Your goals could be as simple as making sure you do your physiotherapy (if you have any), drinking enough water, reading X pages/chapters of a book, getting life insurance sorted out, making the effort to reach out to a friend or family member you haven't spoken to in a while... Anything that helps you in any way, no matter how small. My goals last time round were to drink enough water, do my physio, and get to bed on time. That was it! ;) 

Taking part helps you to meet other members and get involved with the community but it's ok if you just want support other people through their challenges without taking part yourself. An added benefit of doing that is that you get a feel for the whole challenge thing before you start your own one. 

Anyway... I'm going to stop rambling on before I bore you silly, or scare you away. Plus, my dinner is almost ready and I'm starving! See ya! 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously