Forums are back in action! ×

I guess its time to try and look at the positive

I've been so concentrated on how my body looks lately I haven't really been appreciating it for what it can actually do...

My mom decided not to come to our workout this morning at the gym so one of my trainers said he'd do the WOD with me as I was the only one there. He completely kicked my ass but at least having him there pushed me a little harder. After the workout we got to talking about all the stuff I wanted to accomplish (consecutive pullups, handstand pushups/walks,lifting bears...etc), I was a little down on myself because I usually don't do the woman's Rx weight but he was being super nice and telling me that my form was really good and telling me that I've really made progress and that because I'm not that big I shouldn't expect to get it right away. All the other morning people canceled so we just hung around and he was helping me with my handstands (which I'm getting better at =D) and I told him that I almost did two pullups in a row the other day he was like you'll be doing at least five in a row by the end of summer. I told him I highly doubted but decided I would try to see how many I could do. I TOTALLY KNOCKED OUT THREE PULLUPS IN A ROW!!! I was so happy at the end of December I couldn't even get myself half way up and now I did three complete dead hang pull-ups (okay well I may have kicked a little bit on the last one to get my chin up over the bar but I say it counts). My body is getting stronger even if I feel like it doesn't look like it.