Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all!

I was led here via Facebook by a friend of mine. He posted a link to the site, and I was intrigued. 18 hours later it's 1:45am and I find myself still browsing the site. Figured from there it would be a good idea to join here and hopefully get some encouragement from people who are trying to change their lives for the better.

Right, my story... Well, I'll keep it short. I look at myself and I'm not entirely happy with who I am. I'm out of shape, I eat when I'm bored, and I lead a boring life. That frackin' sucks. I want to make myself better. My current plan for my life is to join the military and serve my country (runs in my family), and right now I'm not physically ready for that. I'm giving myself a year from now to get mentally and physically prepared, and I want to charge headlong into BCT with no fear.

That's my story folks. Take it easy all, hopefully I can meet some of you and get a good network going. I won't get near as far without a little encouragement, and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) sharing in you all's successes as well.

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

Well, since I have a year until I go to BCT, I want to train to become Ranger qualified (APFT score of 240 or higher), and get the APFT badge as well (score of 270 or higher). That currently means 64 push-ups in 2 minutes, 72 sit-ups in 2 minutes, and a 13:42 2-Mile run. That's my main goal for the time being, is to work my way up to that. Right now I'm averaging around a 7 minute mile, and around 20 pushups before fatigue sets in.

I need to start thinking of some goals for this current 6-week challenge that's going on, I think that could really help me out as well.

Current life goals:

April 2012 goals:

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

Ha, thanks. It's gonna be one helluva year trying to attain those, but I'm looking forward to where it gets me. :)

Current life goals:

April 2012 goals: