Forums are back in action! ×

What do you do when you're sick?

Depends how much you hate the people at your gym.

But no really, if you're contagious, don't be a butthole.

If not, strength training is fine as long as your concentration isn't impaired. Don't do HIIT or any heavy cardio; it'll suppress your immune system.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Depends how much you hate the people at your gym.

But no really, if you're contagious, don't be a butthole.

If not, strength training is fine as long as your concentration isn't impaired. Don't do HIIT or any heavy cardio; it'll suppress your immune system.

Completely agree with this. I've ready many articles that state as long as you don't feel well from the neck up, working out is fine. Anything bothering you below the neck, don't exercise. I also try to exercise at home if I'm sick, but if you must go to the gym, please wipe down the equipment thoroughly after using it. Hope you get better soon!

I just hide out with some tea and a stream of movies until I'm feeling better. Worked like a charm yesterday. Feel better!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Ha, I pretty much opened the laptop to ask the same thing. I had heard before that you shouldn't work out, that it will only make you sicker, but had also read that as long as you only have above the neck symptoms and no extreme fatigue, exercising should be ok. Even that it might help relieve some of the symptoms. I guess we'll see.

I'm usually of the opinion that if you are sick, you need to focus on getting better as quickly as possible, which for me generally means resting and eating well to allow my body to do its thing to heal itself. If you feel up to it, LIGHT exercise is helpful, but should not leave you feeling tired or worn out, since that may serve to the increase the sickness's duration. I know it sucks to not be working out, but if you can rest, do it. It can be a good time to research new routines, running routes, etc.

"Fortune favors the prepared mind"

Eating well. Yes, this. I once lost a terrifyingly large amount of muscle mass because I was bed-ridden for two weeks and essentially just didn't eat :/

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

For me, I rarely ever get sick. Maybe once a year, sometimes twice, and it's always just congestion. If it's chest congestion, I don't work out until it's gone. If it's just nasal stuff, it depends on how bad I feel. If I feel fine all over except for my nose, throat, then exercising then taking a steamy showers usually helps it drain. If it's the kind of cold that has me aching/wanting to lie around, then I'll wait till I feel better. I just listen to my body. If it's telling me that it feels fine to work out, then I work out. If it tells me it feels like it was hit by a train, I sit out.

Whenever I feel sick. I stop and be awesome instead.

Nice! I'm glad someone has asked this post, because I've just come down with something right now (during a Challenge!) and I was wondering what to do.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

My strategy when I get sick (not just a head cold) is to do nothing, sleep it off, and let myself heal. Then once I am better, I return to being awesome. Remember, stay hydrated.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73