Forums are back in action! ×

Injured already?

It's only my third week of working out (I started 29.2.) and my knee has already started to hurt. To be more specific, it happens during lunges. I go forward with right leg and when going back, my left knee(or slightly below it) starts to hurt. First time this happened was 8.3. when I couldn't finish my third set because of that. Today it started to hurt right away from the start.

I had three days of rest after 8.3. (wasn't planned, just happened) and I work out Monday, Wednesday and Friday (so 1 day of rest ussualy). My current leg workout is just squats and lunges. I went from 3 sets of 15 to 3 sets of 50 during those two weeks(for both). It happens only during lunges, I didn't notice anything during squats. And it's painful, not just sore.

Could it be overtraining? Maybe it's nothing, but I don't want to take any chances. Should I be worried?

My introduction My 6-week challenge

Gamers raising money for kids in Africa - Sharecraft 2012 - please consider donating

I apologize for any grammar errors in my posts. English is a foreign language for me.

Guest Snake McClain

id maybe lay off the lunges. i know it sucks when this happens but you may want to get it checked out. if you lay off the lunges for a bit..like a week or two then go back and if it still hurts go to the doctor. knee problems are no joke bud.

Yeah lunges will cause knee issues if you aren't careful with how you land. Like Bruce said lay off for a week to let it heal. Then try reverse lunges. Same movement but backwards (step back not foward). This allows the front knee (the one that would be moving in a regular lunge) to be a stable position already and the back leg won't wobble as much (I've found).

Also, try working on squats for knee issues. A good form and proper depth squat does wonders for knees. IF you still have issues then try some mobility and stretching stuff. Make sure you stretch your hammies and calves well afterwards.

If all of that still doesn't work, you may need to consult a professional.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle