Forums are back in action! ×

Just figuring this out.

Hello Rebel brothers and sisters! My name is Brian Headrick and I am new to Nerd Fitness. I think my twitter description probably describes me best ( @brianheadrick ):

Junior Crossfitter. Fat Guy. Your wildest dream.

Ok, maybe the last one is a bit of a stretch. I am 6'3" and as of this morning I weigh 351. I am a really big guy, played rugby in college and I carry a lot of muscle so I think that my goal weight is somewhere in the 240's. For those who aren't so great at math (I used a calculator) that is 111lbs away!!! I have been doing crossfit for a few months now and I am loving getting back to my powerlifting roots as well as challenging myself with the gymnastics and cardio. I am learning that I can't outwork my diet though so I think I am going to start Paleo full time and give it a strong shot since I have a pretty grim family medical history. Here are a few of my fitness goals that I hope to obtain.

1) Deadlift 550, Squat 500, Shoulder Press 250, my current PRs are 405, 355, and 165 respectively

2) Finish an Olympic Triathlon

3) Run the Peachtree Road Race in under an hour

4) 15% Body fat, currently around 30 or so

I look forward to working with you guys and spending my time messing around on here

-Brian

That's awesome! I love working out but I have to admit that I find Crossfit intimidating. One of these days...

Sounds like you've got some great goals and a good plan to get you there! Do you currently run?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

That's awesome! I love working out but I have to admit that I find Crossfit intimidating. One of these days...

Sounds like you've got some great goals and a good plan to get you there! Do you currently run?

I only run whenever it is part of the WOD, I would like to start running more on my own, maybe in the mornings before work since I like to do crossfit in the evenings so I am lifting on a full stomach.

welcome to the forum fellow atlantan (unless there's another peachtree road race somewhere i don't know about...)! glad to have you here! paleo is a good test i think - i did it for 30 days. it teaches you alot about yourself mentally and physically and that has made a huge difference for me. even if you don't stick with it, it's definitely worth a shot. if you don't mind me asking which crossfit place do you go to? i've been thinking of trying it out...there's a place near my house that does it (unit 2 fitness).

welcome to the forum fellow atlantan (unless there's another peachtree road race somewhere i don't know about...)! glad to have you here! paleo is a good test i think - i did it for 30 days. it teaches you alot about yourself mentally and physically and that has made a huge difference for me. even if you don't stick with it, it's definitely worth a shot. if you don't mind me asking which crossfit place do you go to? i've been thinking of trying it out...there's a place near my house that does it (unit 2 fitness).

I actually live in Douglasville, about 30 miles west of Atlanta. I am excited about Paleo, so far today I have had tuna salad, an egg protein shake, and some mixed nuts. I went shopping last night and I am hoping to be able to resist the BBQ long enough for these new habits to develop.

I work out at Warrior Pride Fitness in Marietta off 120. My girlfriend works out at Crossfit Marietta and really seems to enjoy it there also. I have fallen in love with it. I honestly think it is my only hobby now if you exclude school. You should give it a shot if you can swing it!