Forums are back in action! ×

Biggest Loser

... anyone happen to watch it?

I know it's not exactly a prime way to lose weight and that the approach used tends to lead to regaining pounds later in life by most people who attempt similar methods and that their commercials are chock full of processed garba- erm, I mean "health food", but... I still can't help it. I like watching the show.

*sad slightly guilty face*

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

Haha I'm the same way--my roommates watch it, but unlike the real housewives of whatever I don't run from the room screaming. And I have secret competitions between myself and some of the contestants. I must look better than Conda at the finale!!

Oh, God - I tried watching the Real Housewives show once (I can't remember which state/city/whatever it was in) and could not stop laughing/smacking my forehead over the drama these people put themselves through. But yeah, competing with the BL contestants sounds great! I never thought of it that way, maybe I should try that out. (Also: Conda gives me such a headache.)

It used to be a guilty pleasure of mine. I would sit on the couch and eat ice cream watching it. I still watch it but now without the ice cream.

Without the icecream - but with the bacon, haha (or kalechips, in my case).

Holy crap I saw thenm teaching power cleans! First time I've seen heavy barbell stuff.

Bob looks like he's really getting into it, too! I've always wondered what the contestants' workouts looked like off-camera, and if it included heavy lifting.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

- Philipians 4:13

AWESOME TEAM OF FLYING MONGOOSES!

Jump Rope Challenge: 800

He mentioned that he is getting into CrossFit. I had to explain the difference between Olympic lifting and lifting in the Olympics to my wife (Emily did the first, not the second).

So yeah, we watch it. No ice cream this time either. I'm constantly amazed at what they are able to do physically. It really challenges me to push myself harder in the gym. I guess sort of like CalvinHobbes.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Bob has incorporated crossfit workouts into his training for awhile now. Noticed it last season when they were doing wall balls and pushing sleds.

But yeah, I've watch he last half dozen seasons or so. It used to be with ice cream, now I usually do at least 100 push ups over the course of the show.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

We wonder what they are doing different behind the scenes (or if they just have some unmotivated contestants). They have not lost weight nearly as fast this season as before. Very rarely has anyone lost in double digits, not even the big guys. I would love to have the story behind the story.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

BTW, Mickie, bangin avatar! I just got back from spring training in Clearwater, it was a blast.

We wonder what they are doing different behind the scenes (or if they just have some unmotivated contestants). They have not lost weight nearly as fast this season as before. Very rarely has anyone lost in double digits, not even the big guys. I would love to have the story behind the story.

We noticed at the beginning of the season that most of them started off smaller than usual. But yeah, the really big dudes haven't been puling double digits.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf