Forums are back in action! ×

I finally decided I'd try to do something to get in shape. I'm extremely grateful that there's so much great information here on nerdfitness!

About me: I'm 26 years old from Boston, MA (Somerville, specifically). I'm your typical game playing nerd with a job in software--I've pretty much been sitting on my ass for the last ten or fifteen years :)

One of the things that's always gotten in my way in the past is that if I have to go out of my way to find a gym and make my way there every day, I'll never keep up with it. So I've come up with a plan that I can do at home or in my neighborhood, so I don't have any excuses! Also, it really helps to have short routines, so I don't feel like I've lost an entire afternoon. If working out only takes half an hour, I can do it every day! So here's what I've got:

Mon-Wed-Fri: Beginner body weight circuit

Tue-Thurs-Sat: Running intervals

Sun: sit on my ass and drink beer (hey, at least I'm doing something the other six days!)

My goal is to keep this up for six weeks, starting today. I don't have any specific goals with regards to target weight or what have you, at this point it's most important that I'm doing *something* regularly.

Welcom Chaos! We all need a day off. I use one day a week as my cheat day and eat all the crap I've been missing and then work it off the other 6 days.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Ditto with the day off!

And if you find yourself becoming excessively tired, it's ok to take more than one day off. Earlier this year I was trying to work out 6 days a week, but with my work + school schedule, I was spreading myself incredibly thin. So I cut back to 3x a week.

You've got a great plan - what kind of goal(s) do you have?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

One of the things that finally got me motivated to do this was reading the NF articles and realizing I could get a good workout in 20-30 minutes at home, instead of having to commit to going to a gym and spending hours there.

My main goal is really just to build a new habit: wake up a half hour early every day and exercise. So from now until April 21 (and beyond) that's what I'm going to do. I'm also aiming to be able to finish all three body weight circuits with the full number of reps listed in the article. I did my first body strength workout yesterday, and I was able to do about half the reps for two circuits, so I have a ways to go. Oh, and I want to do a real pushup. I haven't been able to do a real pushup since I was about 10 years old.