Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Kelleytastic!

Hello! I'm totally stoked to have found Nerd Fitness. Steve really seems to have a good, science-based approach to training, which I love, and I think at this point for me it's going to be much more productive to focus on consistently incorporating fitness and exercise into my daily life (I'm using Fitocracy, which so far I puffy heart!) than to just focus on tracking food. In fact, I've decided to NOT track food for a while. I've got some pretty good habits as far as that goes and tend to get overwhelmed easily by too many things to keep up with, so I'm just going to focus on exercise.

Anyways... I live just outside of Orlando, FL. Best to get this underway now so that by the time the brutal summer gets here I'll be well-entrenched. I've lost about 8 pounds so far on my own not doing much besides monitoring my diet, but I have a long ways (~125 pounds) to go. I don't care how long it takes me, as long as I'm moving in the right direction. Slow and steady wins the race, no?

Kelleytastic
queen of my own quixotic universe. harbinger of awesome.geek. hard act to follow.

Mountain Dwarf
Adventurer
Level One

STR: 2
DEX: 1
STA: 1
CON: 3
WIS: 4
CHA: 3

Questing soon in a challenge near you...

I'm still poking around and looking at stuff. I have a daily yoga practice already and do a lot of walking, but I definitely want to incorporate some strength training too. There seem to be a lot of great articles on the site... It's a tad overwhelming. :-)

Kelleytastic
queen of my own quixotic universe. harbinger of awesome.geek. hard act to follow.

Mountain Dwarf
Adventurer
Level One

Yes, it certainly is at first! Take your time, look around, ask questions, and continue to be a harbinger of awesome.

Re: strength training, check out the Barbarian Strength Guild. Many people on here have used Stronglifts or Starting Strength (Mark Rippetoe - check him out, he's awesome). I'm using New Rules of Lifting for Women (Lou Schuler).

I love yoga...I should do it more. So great for strength/flexibility/relaxation!!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

@MirGSS > Thanks for the advice! I spoke to Deanna (who's actually a local friend already) last night... We're going to start a routine together. I'm looking at doing the beginner body weight circuit workout on MWF and the interval training workout TTh. These will complement the walking, hiking, and yoga that I'm already doing.

@Deanna > Me too!

Kelleytastic

Mountain Dwarf
Adventurer
Level One