Forums are back in action! ×

GORUCK Challenge - Philadelphia: May 20, 2012

If anyone is interested in signing up I'll be participating in the GORUCK Challenge http://goruckchallenge.com/ in Philadelphia on May 20th, 2012. One other Nerd Fitness follower is already signed up along with me for the 1:00am class.

This link will take you to the registration page. http://goruckchallenge.com/events/philadelphia-2012/

Hope to see you there.

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.†Horace

I am going to consider this, how long do you guess before it fills?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Each class is capped at 30 and you have up until the day of the event to register. I don't know how many have already signed up though, sorry. I'll looked on their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/events/222616367797372/ but didn't find any information for our current class size.

I am going to consider this, how long do you guess before it fills?

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.†Horace

Oh man. If you do this I may have to swing by with my camera to document the race since I'll be in the area :)

That would be really cool bigm141414, as "■Some, but not all, classes will have a photographer present. Photography is allowed, so ask a friend to come along and take pictures if you’d like. Spectator tickets are free, and there are no tickets." And I'm not sure how well a camera would last out there :)

It's actually not going to happen for me. I just talked to my wife about it and she brought up a good point that right now may is already clogged for us with the 10 mile run we're doing, a wedding, the Boston meet up, and we're considering moving during that time. I may consider doing the one in October though. Sucks, it looks awesome.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Well, my buddy that I am doing this one with and another buddy of ours are already considering doing another Goruck later this year. Maybe we'll see you then.

It's actually not going to happen for me. I just talked to my wife about it and she brought up a good point that right now may is already clogged for us with the 10 mile run we're doing, a wedding, the Boston meet up, and we're considering moving during that time. I may consider doing the one in October though. Sucks, it looks awesome.