Forums are back in action! ×

"Meat Sweats"

I've had co workers talking about sweating after they've gone to "meat" restaurants (the Argentine/South American ones with the big skewers). Not sure if that was the meat, the spices or the alcohol though...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I get night sweats but that is because I am 48 years old. I get MORE of them if i eat anything with gluten in it, have a cigarette after not smoking in a long time, and the night after I have had alcohol. If you are eating a diet VERY heavy in feedlot beef, you can be getting some extra hormones and any time your estrogen shifts you can get the sweats. If this is a one time thing, it could be that you were just really warm one night.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

maybe it's a hormone thing. right before aunt flo, for a few days it happens, then about a week before I ovulate i get them really bad. I wasn't sure if it was a hormone thing, or a protein thing...on work out days I tend to eat alot of protein and not very much sugar/carbs and sometimes on those days, I sweat myself silly while I'm sleeping...

annoying.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

About the ingested hormone thing: Bovine growth hormone is brought into the system via the stomach, and is merely broken down by digestion rather than processed like an injection would be. In any case, human cells don't recognize bovine hormones.

That said, spatz, it sounds like your ladyparts are turning up the thermostat on you.

About the ingested hormone thing: Bovine growth hormone is brought into the system via the stomach, and is merely broken down by digestion rather than processed like an injection would be. In any case, human cells don't recognize bovine hormones.

That said, spatz, it sounds like your ladyparts are turning up the thermostat on you.

I have sweaty ladyparts. LMAO. things not to say on a date.

I don't like hormones.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

Meat protein takes the most energy to digest. You produce a helluva lot of heat while digesting meat, especially if you like it on the rarer side... Not to mention, as wildross said, high meat meals from restaurants tend to give you calories in the levels of the 1500+... you have a huge surplus of energy and some of it will go straight into the metabolic fire... turning up the heat so to speak ;)

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I've heard of it happening immediately after ingesting a huge quantity of meat. Might just be a nutrient rush though.

Gold is for the mistress - silver for the maid" -

Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade! "

" Good! " said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

But Iron - Cold Iron - is master of them all."