Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Fellow Nerds,

I've read the NF blogs for a long time and finally decided to join the rebellion. 

My name is Eric. I'm a 33 year old dad, husband, scientist and nerd living in southeast Massachusetts. 

Fitness has never been my thing. As a kid, I was always skinny and unathletic. I've  never liked playing (or even watching) sports. 

I want want to be healthier for my kids and show them the importance of physical fitness so I've made it more of a priority since they were born. 

As a chronic introvert, I don't have a lot of friends from my gym and I wouldn't want to ask anyone for help so I'm looking to make some friends here for tips and support. Looking forward to meet some cool, nerdy people! 

• Like 2
On 12/21/2016 at 5:49 PM, Laghail said:

Hey, welcome to the rebellion! It can be a bit daunting parsing all that's going on around here. The best start is usually checking out the 4-week challenge section.

What kind of workouts have you been doing at the gym?

Thanks, Laghail!

I'll check out those challenges. I created my profile and wrote an introduction but didn't know where to start. 

I've been warming up with a run  (anywhere from 1 to 4 miles, depending on pace) and doing a machine circuit that I found on JEFIT.

• Like 1

Hey! Welcome on board. :) 

Im sure you'll find plenty of like-minded people here. There are a lot of people who will understand being an introvert, and even more who will understand your desire to get healthy for your kids. That's a serious motivation to level-up right there. 

Do you think you'll take part in the next challenge? It starts on the 7th (?) of January, or whichever Sunday is closest to the seventh, it could be the 8th... I guess I could look at my phone to check, buuuut.... Yeah, there's no real excuse, is there? Fine! I'll go check. 

It's the 8th of January, everybody happy now? :P 

The challenges are where most people spend the majority of their time and where you're most likely to find support and/or accountability. There's no hard and fast rules, click here to read them, but there is a handy list of suggested goals to help you get into the swing of it if you're still not sure what to do. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously