Forums are back in action! ×

wha.. its.. its an introduction!

well holy crap.
hello!
so, my name is pakku. im unhinged. at least thats what people tell me.
hold on. the hell am i supposed to actually put in here.. let me go read some other introduction messages...

OK cool. i got this.
its days away from new years, and the dreaded new years resolution doth approacheth. lo, for i have walked these steps before.
BUT THIS YEAR! this year will be different. possibly because i started already months and months ago. i guess that means that the new years resolution is to find that community and support network thats going to help me keep going. that sounds so professional and adulterly. it leaves a foul taste in my mouth.
its also christmas.. which too leaves a fowl taste in my mouth (literally grinning like a goon at that).

i bought a blendtek blender, who has become my closest companion. he understands my distrust of hard vegetation, and en-smoothens it for me
i also bought a fitness bike.. her and i arent really on speaking terms, but she still lets me ride.. her.. uh..
shes fine with it.. at least, she hasnt said anything to the contrary.

finally, i bought myself some gymnastic rings like what the gymnasts use. i figure, they make it look so easy, therefor it must be pretty damn easy.
i dont know how we are going to get along yet, as they are still in the mail

i suppose thats the forward intentions covered. onto the back looking look back
im an artist currently studying jewellery at an art school, cause to hell with the other degree. and im a nerd... my jewellery work is mostly fantasy or cosplay oriented. ive done a lot. some of it good! but im here because i want a change. the back looking look back might get depressing, so lets just leave it at everyone here is probably looking for change.

ive made some huge alterations to my life over the last couple years.. so much so that when i think about who ive become, im rather proud. now its time to change the outer shell. take control! EAT THE EN-SMOOTHENED BROCCOLI!
and then get back to roleplaying

• Like 2

It's never too early for New Year's Resolutions! Heck, I have a habit of making them all year long! ;):lol:

Welcome to the madness! :) There are bunch of folks on here who work with the rings, so it might not be easy, but it should be a lot of fun! ^_^ (They make it look awesome.) Plus if you like your veggie blendy there are also lots of recipes that make them taste extra-non-veggie-like. :D 

There is an art thread out there as well, so come share your shinies! :D

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

3 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

It's never too early for New Year's Resolutions! Heck, I have a habit of making them all year long! ;):lol:

Welcome to the madness! :) There are bunch of folks on here who work with the rings, so it might not be easy, but it should be a lot of fun! ^_^ (They make it look awesome.) Plus if you like your veggie blendy there are also lots of recipes that make them taste extra-non-veggie-like. :D 

There is an art thread out there as well, so come share your shinies! :D

theres an art thread!! nice

the rings are a bit intimidating as of right now, its been a long time since i last did any weight training.
i know i want to do bodyweight resistance, and i know also that if i get bored, ill stop.. and theres nothing boring looking about the rings

i actually did a search for gymnastics rings and got very little results. do you know if the search feature on this forum just isnt very good, or do people not talk about their highfalutin aerial flopping around work?

• Like 1

awesome thanks
just you wait tho.. you think ill fit in. i was the kid who made himself sick with stress in jr high right before the gymnastics portion of gym class... and.. im still pretty much that same kid

Sorry for the radio silence, offline life sidetracked me for a bit. :)

There are random folks doing rings all over the place, Grayspeed is someone I know (off the top of my head) who does them over in the Assassin's forums. If you hit up the boards and ask they should be able to help out! The search feature isn't always the most helpful, but the people are so ask away. Steve did a post on them a while back so they've gotten al lot more popular. :)

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/lord-of-the-rings-how-to-get-in-great-shape-using-gymnastic-rings/

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

hey!!  dont worry about it. i expected that this forum goes a bit silent when everyone is too embarrassed to admit how they gorge themselves during the holidays.

im gonna spent a good amount of time checking out these art and craft threads.

as for the rings. ive started a battle log.. which is kinda exciting, but my rings are delayed in the mail!
when i first started doing research, i dont even know how i transitioned from those extremely expensive adjustable dumbbells to gymnastic rings, but the article on nerd fitness was one of the first ones i read. though i definitely dont have a gymnasts body, they just fit for everything i need in the space i have.

so, since im like, the beginningest beginner, im bringing myself up to just post in the assassins forum.. cause id like a workout buddy