Forums are back in action! ×

I am new here.. Just thought I would try to find a different community than those I used before. I'm a 30-something lady, a student, work in a human services related field, and love books! 

Unfortunately, I also love shitty food!  I used the excuse of being too busy with school to make good meals. I also let not being able to exercise the way I want (due to medical issues) get to me. Awhile ago, I began to do youtube videos at home. Again.. I went back to shitty eating habits. I only need to lose about 15-20 pounds to get to my goal weight. My main goal is to be healthier in general though. I always felt a lot better when I ate on a regular basis. 

Other things that have helped me is making big batches of healthy soup, chopping up veggies in advance (I am lazy and hate chopping!)

Anyway... I don't know what else to say!

• Like 2

Welcome welcome welcome! Pull up a chair, grab a drink, make comfy. You're amongst friends here.

Make sure you write your challenge - look up alll the helpful resources around the forums and sites, and participate! Go find some people to follow and keep them accountable, and they will do the same for you. Thats the best part about Nerd Fitness - we all look after ourselves here. in my 3 years, this is possible the best (and most returned-to) community I've found online.

You can find my challenge here, with some of my friends commenting on it - have a look at their challenges too!

Welcome to the clan, Bear! :D

PS; Nerd Fitness chat is always a thing, too! Come in and say hi!

• Like 1

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

I mean, we have our moments, but usually only when some poor fool implies star trek > star wars. God. Help. Them.

Welcome! Just so you know, you joined at a great time, we're in the week before the challenges start, and making a small commitment and chatting with the crew on how you did or didn't do on a week to week basis, it's a great way to engage the community. Some people do things as simple as "don't drink soda and clean the kitchen 2x a week", others go on for pages with blinking gif's and multi-part technical performance goals.

It's not mandatory, but it's maybe the best part of NF.

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

I was also going to recommend the challenges but since I'm a bit late I'll just leave this here instead. It's a link to the new "help page" explaining all about the challenges and ow to take part. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously