Forums are back in action! ×

shorts suggestions

So, I usually wear running shorts to the gym because that's what I have. My thighs are already fat and rub together, so my shorts already ride up between them which is annoying enough. Recently I have noticed that they start riding up in the front too and being weird and uncomfortable. I can only attribute this to awesome muscle growth and shiznit. However, I would like shorts that do not do this. I don't REALLY like the idea of bball shorts, but is that the direction I have to go? Pants/capris are out because I get overheated easily and the gym is already hot :D

Any ideas?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'm a big girl, and I wear bike-style shorts - without the chamois of course. I have no shame, so I just wear them like that, but you could always wear them under the running shorts and it would definitely mitigate the tendency your shorts have to ride up. Also, they have some nice bball style shorts that are tailored more for women (ie: they're shorter than traditional).

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

spandex shorts under the regular shorts. :)

I'm maybe the fourth person to quote this, but it's true. I literally can't work out anymore if I'm not wearing spandex.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

I wear these http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=46806&vid=1&pid=819215

I like a longer short when I'm bending over or laying on the floor at the gym, when I'm planking... Lol

Sometimes I also wear under armor men's underwear spandex things under my shorts

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Hmmm...spandex...I have to admit, I have concerns about spandex. I do have an Under Armour outlet store near me; I'll go this weekend and check out a couple of different types. I just don't want to look like this lady...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2247[/ATTACH]

post-4597-13567243434674_thumb.jpg

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Definitely agree with spezzy on this one.

me three

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

If you live in the best part of the US...also known as the South...Academy Sports has a brand called BCG. Same stuff as UA but at least 1/2 the price. That's what I use. Long shorts, spandex shorts, moisture wicking shirts(compression for under my vest, loose for workout). All for way cheaper than UA or Nike!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

If you live in the best part of the US...also known as the South...Academy Sports has a brand called BCG. Same stuff as UA but at least 1/2 the price. That's what I use. Long shorts, spandex shorts, moisture wicking shirts(compression for under my vest, loose for workout). All for way cheaper than UA or Nike!!!

+1 for this, I love Academy's BCG brand, and they have awesome sales/clearance prices!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Hmmm...spandex...I have to admit, I have concerns about spandex. I do have an Under Armour outlet store near me; I'll go this weekend and check out a couple of different types. I just don't want to look like this lady...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2247[/ATTACH]

Dood I TOTALLY want to look like that lady! Wristbands and all!

+1 for this, I love Academy's BCG brand, and they have awesome sales/clearance prices!

I used to work at the West By God Monroe store, so It was difficult to work there w/ all the cool stuff.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I used to work at the West By God Monroe store, so It was difficult to work there w/ all the cool stuff.

I could see that. I hit that store quite often...going there this week, actually, for new baseball gear for the boys. Maybe a little something for Mom too.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde