Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all!

Me: 200+lb couch potato stay at home mum with anxiety & self confidence issues.

My Story: Overweight for 4 decades. Shifted some of the bulk a few years ago but nightmare life stress put it all back on as well as wrecking my mental health & self confidence. The last year has mostly been spent trying to work through my anxiety. Made enough progress that I can now start on the physical too and NF looked like a good place to help me start :)

Long Term Battle Plans:

• Learn to love & respect me again
  • Lose 100lbs & get fit
  • Finish our house & garden so it feels like home
  • Find a way to earn some money that makes me happy

Looking forward to my first of many challenges & making friends 

• Like 1

I'm a lurker too!  In fact this is my first post of any kind. . . So you've got me beat there. :) I think this is going to be a great place to start. There are so many people here that seem supportive and willing to discuss all the things that can be awkward to talk about in person. Sounds like you have a good plan. Do you have shorter term goals worked out for the upcoming challenge?

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome @Laghail:)

5 minutes ago, Marie Sharp said:

I'm a lurker too!  In fact this is my first post of any kind. . . So you've got me beat there. :) I think this is going to be a great place to start. There are so many people here that seem supportive and willing to discuss all the things that can be awkward to talk about in person. Sounds like you have a good plan. Do you have shorter term goals worked out for the upcoming challenge?

Hi Marie - Glad to be of help to draw out a fellow de-lurker :) I agree with you about this place. It's got a really lovely community feel. Just what I need at the moment.

I've been using the worksheet in the challenge help files and found it's helped massively in getting loads of short term goals to choose from for this first challenge...and a few more after that. Just getting bogged down in composing my challenge post...anxiety strikes again!

• Like 1

Welcome! I hope you enjoy doing your first challenge. It's a long slow business improving your self confidence, and self worth. 100lbs is a lot to lose, no judgment there just an honest assessment, so make sure you take your "before" pics. I know taking pictures of yourself is probably the last thing you want to do right now but believe me you'll be glad you did in the long term. 

I have no pics AT ALL of me when I was at my heaviest, I couldn't stand to have my photo taken and if my husband took any pics of me I would delete them when he wasn't looking. Now, I really wish I had that those photos because I'm so proud of how much I've lost. Hopefully you'll feel the same way one day too. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously