Forums are back in action! ×

80-year-old Giles Corey was accused of witchcraft during the 1692 Salem trials, but he refused to enter a plea to the court. As punishment, he was laid naked in a pit in a field, and slowly pressed to death over two days. Heavy rocks were gradually placed upon his chest--but he refused to cry out in pain, or enter a plea, and each time he was asked to do so, he simply replied: "More weight."

That's pinache.

I don't know about you, but upon reading this, I found my whines about my life almost childish.

And I have legitimate gripes, mind you. However, I want to be this guy. Knowing he's screwed no matter what he does, he forces the narrow-minded morons to let him part from this Earth on his terms, not theirs.

Sometimes, inspiration comes not from those who have stood on top of the mountain and cried their barbaric "yawp" to the world. Sometimes we find it in simple people who refused to conform.

How about you? Think you can take "more weight"?

The_Lonestar

www.christopheracooke.com

1st Level Ninja Jedi (Ranger/Assassin)

40% of 100% for Level-Up

STR 2; DEX 2; STA 2; CON 3; WIS 3; CHA 3

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10955-The-Lonestar-A-Challenge-35-Years-in-the-Making

"I've had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it."

--last words of Errol Flynn

"It's never too late to become what you might have been".

--George Elliot

I feel like I am a total whiner, constantly. I like to think I'm not, and could handle anything, and I know I can handle lots of things well, more than most could...but there is a lot of room for improvement. 

Hah that sentence just goes to show you how your thoughts and feelings about yourself can be entirely inconsistent and incongruent with reality. I have spent my whole life fighting for control of my existence, because people tried to make me think that it wasnt mine to control...so yeah, I think I could handle more weight, at least today :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn