Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a 5'2 240lb female. I work in a call center and when I get home I usually lounge around and read a book or get on the internet. Bad Bad Bad... I know. I've attempted to loose weight before but get stressed when I see no results. It stresses me even more when I loose weight and don't know how I did it. I guess stress is another factor of my weight. I'm an over thinker and just stress myself out and use food as comfort.

Lately I have been making some small changes. I'm trying to cut down on soda's, I've avoided fast food restaurants (not as hard as you think), I've joined a gym but sadly I haven't been going. I do plan on working out at home for at least the next 30 days. Once that has become a habit I plan to change my diet. I am doing some research on the Paleo. It's seems like something I can do. I just need to find some healthy meals to make. I'm basically a habitual eater and can eat the same thing for lunch for a week with out it phasing me. If I like something I like it. I have about 5 meals I can make and I basically switch between them weekly. They are all unhealthy and not very Paleo friendly.

I guess my inspiration is these guys, I think they are the true definition of "Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." I can't say I'll ever be able to achieve there kind of strength or definition but it would be nice to know I can lift my own body weight.

My public goal is to be healthier, a lot of bad things run in my family and I would like to avoid them. Doctor's bills are expensive. My personal goals are to be able to fit in a size 36 pants b/c they can be purchased at any store, survival- if I need to run I wanna be able to run, if I need to jump and climb I wanna be able to get away, and if at all necessary the strength to protect myself.

So yeah that's basically it... thanks for reading and I hope to post more soon... also it would be great if I could figure out how to add a profile pic cause I'm not find it. LOL

FROM INVISIBLE TO INVINCIBLE.

Welcome! It's super tough to get (and stay) on the right track, but it sounds like you're off to a great start. I found that changing my goal from "lose weight" or "be skinny" to "get healthy" and "be able to physically take care of myself" made all the difference in the world to my attitude and ability to stay motivated, so I hope it does the same for you. :)

PS - You can change your profile picture if you click on "Forum Actions" up on the menu bar, and then "Edit Profile"

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

{snip}

My personal goals are to be able to fit in a size 36 pants b/c they can be purchased at any store, survival- if I need to run I wanna be able to run, if I need to jump and climb I wanna be able to get away, and if at all necessary the strength to protect myself.

{snip}

re: survival... I've been in a couple of abusive relationships. I started taking karate because I was a) bored and B) intent on never again being a victim. Strength is a big part of that, but if you don't know how to employ it, it will only get you so far.

The last crappy relationship I was in, my (ex-)boyfriend tried to shove me aside while we were having a fight. He rocked me back a step. I countered with palm-heel strikes to his rib cage and sternum. I threw him three steps back and he said his sternum hurt for two or three days. He's 6'4", I'm 5'5".

You can totally rock your own world and be amazing and I know you will, but if one of your goals is self-defense, I can't recommend highly enough getting some training. Whether you just do a woman's self-defense seminar or turn into a dojo rat doesn't matter, really, but having a few items in your bag of tricks is never a bad thing.

I'm new here too -- let's do this thing!