Forums are back in action! ×

There and Back Again

Hello :)

I'm Simon, I'm 28 years old (at least for the next 11 days), 1m80 and currently weight ±76kg which I'm not quite happy with. In 2015 I decided to change a lot of things in my life and succeeded at going under 67kg by having better eating habits, daily training (thanks NerdFitness), ... Unfortunately, in 2016 I've met someone and due to our schedules we both slipped a lot on our healthy habits. One year later, I've decided I needed to respawn. 

In fact I've respawned all my life, as from September I've left my employee job to dive into the freelance life as UX Designer / Researcher here in Belgium. Since November, I've worked on daily habits (thanks to Habitica) and got back on eating healthy, included meditation into my daily routine, ... And went back to NerdFitness after reading Level Up Your Life to do a respawn here also :) As lot of friends told me to get ready and have a good lifestyle and habits before reaching 30 y.o., this give me one year to enforce habits, routines and ensure a good lifestyle (and grow my freelance business), so here I am!

What I succesfully included as from now is : morning routine exercises (either 40min on a indoor bike, or several sets of (inclined) push ups, squats, row, chin up), better eating habits (bye alcohol, soda, most of carbs), daily meditation (around 15min thanks to Calm).

What I still have to do : perfect my morning routine (I'm still fixing exercices and adding some, changing reps, as the Bodyweight Workout A is a bit "too light" for me at the moment), reach at least 9000 steps a day (quite hard in the middle of the winter and with around 4000 steps a day :'( ). Thinking about hiring a personal trainer to perhaps improve all that.

It's quite weird for me to be here as I'm rather introvert and hate fitness places so I tend to work on doing everything I can from home especially since I'm not quite at ease with how I look at the moment :) But I've decided I needed to be accountable too so here it goes \o/ 

Nithou the Undefined
"I want to live happily in a world I don't understand" Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Battle logMy Quests / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest (Recipes board) / GoodReads

Hai,

I hired a personal trainer when I decided to start my journey two years ago. He came to my house 2 days per week for 6 months. He looked at my nutrition and diet, my form, and helped me try a range of different activities I felt it really gave me the boost I needed to understand how to do things myself. 

I very rarely leave the house due to mental health, but I'm somehow managing 5k steps by doing laps around my flat :D I just bump it up 1k every 2 weeks. Seems to be going OK. I've been using the app SWORKIT for 20 mins every morning, I've tried a few different ones but I'm really liking this one. Indoors is definitely possible, outside is cold and doesn't even have the interwebs, who would want that?! 

• Like 1

* Peace and long life *

Half Vulcan, Halfway there.

Facebook - Fitbit  - Quests

PM for email details

Oh thanks for the feedback on the personal trainer, growing up as a nerd I'm always a bit reluctant to go reach out to those guys (or anyone who looks like a Drill Sergent Instructor to me in fact :D), I'll start my search then :)

And yeaaah, I can leave the house on my side, but I really can't picture going to the fitness or even running outside (first I suck at it), I tried but I'm really not comfortable... As you said at least we have the interwebs, it's hot and I can even watch my tv shows :P 

Nithou the Undefined
"I want to live happily in a world I don't understand" Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Battle logMy Quests / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest (Recipes board) / GoodReads