Forums are back in action! ×

I was wondering the internet looking for a forum which could really help me in my new method of getting fit. I saw those more 'traditional' bodybuilding websites but they just gave this 'IN IT FOR THE MUSCLE MASS' vibe and I just didn't want to get in to that.

This website seems much much more 'in my realm' in style and taste and I must say, you guys make an awesome forum ^.^

I am a Student, Astronautical Engineering (at the time of this post, I'm a sophomore) and have VERY little time on my hands.

I am underweight... I like food, but I just don't seem to get as hungry as often as other people *shrugs*

Uh... But yeah. At the beginning of this last semester I joined the Latin and Ballroom Dancing Club at my College, and I realized I wanted to be better physically than I was. I had practiced and practiced at the dances, but I realized that I would need to do some outside training in order to get better at dancing, so I branched out.

My sister, who is also at this College, helped me out a lot since she is in Air-force ROTC, but I feel bad always asking only her for advice (and awkward not to mention... the anonymity of the internet is SO much nicer ^_^ ) and decided to branch out.

I had tried to workout a couple of times before, I would do running last year for about 2 months every other night at midnight combined with pushups, but when summer came and I had my summer job I slacked off and forgot about it.

I started this most recent regime just after spring break, and I'm hoping if I make some commitments to people outside myself I can force myself to keep up with it.

I'm not looking to get bulky, just more fit and more healthy and better looking is obviously there too ^.^

I have roughly 1-2 hours every morning which I've been able to set aside for workouts (except Thursdays D: ) and For the last 2 weeks I've been consistent with this hap-slash workout routine.

In the 'Nerd' category of this site, I am an avid Anime fan and participate in a forum devoted to the subject XD as well as learning Japanese.

I AM PROUD TO BE A NEW RECRUIT TO THE REBEL ARMY *salutes*

Well... I guess I'll wander around the forum a bit...

Ok... I'm back...

Yeah. I failed. I was consistent up until finals week, then I went easy on myself and was like "Oh, I need the time to study for finals, so I'm not going to work out every day."

Which lead to me not working out during finals week. Then I said I would work out when I got home... But I didn't. I tried to make excuses for not working out, like the fact that I work in a warehouse means I do heavy lifting sometimes... but really it's not much physical labor at all so that was all B.S.

So, I had forgotten my rational, and lost my will. I became physially depressed due to the inactivity though I didn't realize it until recently.

So, with new more concrete rational for my workout, I am attempting a re-start. However, I do wish to go harder than I had before at this. That sounds pretty unreasonable from a guy who failed to keep it up the first time, but it's possible that was a reason it failed in the first place, and it also deals with some of my newer rational.

Anyways, I have kept up eating better, but I REALLY need to get back into a good workout routine. I'm planning on starting tomorrow morning, and unlike what I did before, where I would work out every other day, I would like to do the training suggested where you do muscle building exercises one day, and interval training on the other days. I had NOT done that before, but I am willing to start now.

So, this must look terrible from the perspective of all of you whom have 'kept the faith' and been working consistently. I know I feel bad about it. So much wasted time. But, no use wallowing in the past. Learning from it, I realized some things about myself, motivational factors and whatnot. It's not going to be easy, but I'm going after this again. I appreciate all of your guy's help.

So... I'm going to kick my ass hard tomorrow and make it through the beginner body-weight routine. Hopefully I can progress back to where I was over the next weeks so I can continue my advance (I had 5 circuits going at the time).

Falling off the bandwagon will happen, but the most important thing is to get back on it! Someone else posted something like you'll fall n times and then get back up n+1. I've been feeling like I'm going to slack off too (2 weeks into the body weight exercises and trying to eat more to bulk up....which is really harder than it sounds!), but I'm not going to let my laziness get the best of me. Good luck to you, and keep pushing forward! :encouragement:

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.