Forums are back in action! ×

So I'm heading to Cancun...

On Thursday. Wyndham Maya, looks very nice; staying with the gurfran for three nights :)

Anyone have some experience there? Tips, tricks, dangers? I know to avoid drinking non-bottled water and don't talk to time-share reps, but anything else?

...Weeeeee so excited! :3

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Sunscreen! And don't leave the resort unless you are doing an excursion.

Chichen Itza was awesome so if you have any interest, I highly recommend.

Haven't been to that resort, but I have been to a couple and many people save chairs by the pool early in the morning with towels which was annoying...but we spent more time on the beach anyway.

Lastly, if you are drinking, bring a bubba keg. Yes I am serious. Because otherwise they give you teeny cups.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Mandy: fo sho'! Full trip de-brief in my blog after :)

ETF: we're still in the stage of the relationship where the idea of going to mexico for 3 nights and spending most every waking moment plastered is still appealing to me ;)

No crab from senor frogs. Gotcha. I would be a little wary of seafood either way...

MirGSS: sunscreen is a no-brainer; I'm a pasty white kid right now so it'll be my best friend :/ Will they let me bring my own cup though? If they insist on giving me a tiny cup, they should expect to see me very often then :P

Honestly, if someone thinks they can save chairs with a towel they got another thing comin. First come first serve biyotch.

Thanks for the tips guys! :D

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Ok, so a brief lay-down of the trip!

- IT WAS AWESOMEEEEE

- besides a brief trip into Playa Del Carmen after overindulging at one of the restaurants in the resort (mediterranean <3), we basically stayed in the resort. Just to look at the shops, but a trip to senor frogs or something similar just didn't make sense when I already paid tons of money for all-inclusive

- Next trip, I would definately look into NOT getting all-inclusive, because honestly alcohol and food is cheap, from what I saw. $50 for a night at senor frogs is a helluva lot cheaper than some of the nights out I have at home. Besides, that way I might actually have funds for an excursion or two.

- It's actually really REALLY hard to go out at night. Maybe we just didn't have time to adjust, but the two hour time difference made us wake up around 6 in the morning and energy levels tended to crash around 9 at night due to alcohol + sun + activity. I don't regret not going out, because we still had tons of fun during the day, but all the same, I feel like a week long + trip would go a long way to adjusting.

- swim up bars aren't as amazing as I thought they would be

- Margharitas don't taste as awesome after consuming a lot of them over a couple of days

- Mexican food is awesome

- As much fun as I had, I sincerely question getting your money's worth from a similar trip. I didn't pay full price so I feel like I got a steal, but I wouldn't purposefully go back and pay full price

- Customs is surprisingly not painful, especially since the airline gave us all the required documents/papers to fill out on the plane and explained it

Can't think of much else. But it was definitely an awesome trip, especially as my first one outside of Canada/USA :3