Forums are back in action! ×

Here we go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I've been a frequent visitor of nerd fitness for probably the last 5-6 years, but since I've never really been forum person I basically just stuck to reading articles. However I decided today that I'd stop being just a spectator and give being part of the NF community a try...

I'm a 28 year old father, husband, and computer programmer (graduated in 2011 BS in computer science, been programming software ever since). In my younger days I was a multi-sport athlete but nowadays I mainly focus on lifting while participating in basketball and ultimate frisbee leagues here and there. Currently I've been focusing on getting stronger with the big three lifts while trying to shed undesired body fat.

On the nerdier side, I've been a gamer practically my whole life and I'm a big Harry Potter (Ravenclaw house) and Marvel/comics fan. I've also slowly began to get back into anime a bit more(patiently waiting for AOT and 1 Punch Man to return) but it's kinda tough when my 3 year old wants to control every tv in the house :)

Anyway, I don't want to start rambling since this is just an introduction but I'm excited to meet some new folks and see where this goes. Thanks!

• Like 3

Newbie Warrior

Current 1RMs: Squat - 425#/192.8Kg, Bench - 350#/158.8Kg, Deadlift - 565#/256.28Kg, OHP - 205#/93Kg

Instagram | Twitter

"I don't care." - T'Challa / Black Panther 

14 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Nice lifts. ;) Bit of a bench bro?

We'll see you over in the Warriors soon, yah? :P

Sundae

Haha yeah that comes from being dumb when I was younger and only thinking bench mattered. So I've been playing catch up with my other lifts for the last few years smh

But thanks for the welcome ✌️

• Like 1

Newbie Warrior

Current 1RMs: Squat - 425#/192.8Kg, Bench - 350#/158.8Kg, Deadlift - 565#/256.28Kg, OHP - 205#/93Kg

Instagram | Twitter

13 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Welcome, welcome~

I'm a Harry Potter nerd too (Slytherin though), and oh man, AOT is so good. Who is your favorite Marvel hero, or villain? c:

I can never narrow it down to just one character but I've always been a fan of black panther, hulk, Colossus, magneto (his is a power I'd definitely love to have), among others. What about you?

• Like 1

Newbie Warrior

Instagram | Twitter

Thanks [emoji4]

I can never narrow it down to just one character but I've always been a fan of black panther, hulk, Colossus, magneto (his is a power I'd definitely love to have), among others. What about you?

Magneto is definitely awesome! I wouldn't mind having his power either, but I think I'd rather have Kitty Pryde's powers. My personal favorite is Deadpool though. Love his sense of humor.

I'm a bigger DC fan than Marvel though, so I don't really know too much about Marvel stuff. Haha

Current Challenge:

Arkham Origins

Hey welcome Newbreed, anyone with Marvel love and a taste for the big three lifts is welcome here. Colossus is a solid and uncomplicated powers guy with a complicated person underneath. My favorite colossus moment, and possibly favorite version of colossus, was in Ultimate X-men, and that scene when he muscled his way through Magneto's powers to 1-punch-man the scene. Just a great antidote to the overcomplicated powers-are-the-plot writing that can plague the superhero genre, and the character depth they gave him with his depression and return to Russia made the moment pretty sweet.

You showed up during a challenge zero week, which is pretty sweet timing. If you feel up for it, you could make a challenge in the warrior section, maybe listing any monthly goals for lifting or diet or adulting or anything really. Then we all harass you with semi-NSFW gifs any time you update. It's actually more fun than it sound, and hella helpful to keep making progress.

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

7 hours ago, Laghail said:

Hey welcome Newbreed, anyone with Marvel love and a taste for the big three lifts is welcome here. Colossus is a solid and uncomplicated powers guy with a complicated person underneath. My favorite colossus moment, and possibly favorite version of colossus, was in Ultimate X-men, and that scene when he muscled his way through Magneto's powers to 1-punch-man the scene. Just a great antidote to the overcomplicated powers-are-the-plot writing that can plague the superhero genre, and the character depth they gave him with his depression and return to Russia made the moment pretty sweet.

You showed up during a challenge zero week, which is pretty sweet timing. If you feel up for it, you could make a challenge in the warrior section, maybe listing any monthly goals for lifting or diet or adulting or anything really. Then we all harass you with semi-NSFW gifs any time you update. It's actually more fun than it sound, and hella helpful to keep making progress.

I appreciate the welcome. I'll definitely have to sit down and write out some goals for the challenge section because I have some major changes that need to happen in my life right about now. I'll make sure to check yours out as well. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Newbie Warrior

Instagram | Twitter