Forums are back in action! ×

Dear person whose cocker spaniel I saved from traffic last night...

He is such a cutie! I'm sorry you haven't yet heard from his owners -- or seen signs that they're looking for him, or anything. But I'm glad he seems to be settling into your life a little better. You are a kind soul.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

That is awesome that you not only saved him from traffic but took him in also, I'd be so happy if someone did that for my dog. You're a great person for doing what you've done and I hope you can get the whole situation figured out soon!

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

He's home! He's home!

His owner finally posted on craigslist:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pet/2927831663.html

I saw it around 5PM and had him back to his owner by 6.

The woman said he's only been gone since Monday (the day I found him) and her son-in-law let him out by accident. She tried to give me a reward and I told her to keep the money and get him chipped (and fixed) and treated for fleas. She had no idea he had fleas, even... I don't think she's negligent, just a little clueless. She was a little older and said he sleeps in her granddaughter's room every night. His name is Pluto and he recognized her right away - and it was cute, he was so excited to see her he kept jumping back to me like "It's her it's her it's her!"

I told her the $25 chip would have had him back to her the same day he was gone. I hope she learns the lesson. Poor guy!

As for being a good person or whatever.. like I tell my daughter, just always try to do the right thing. And if (god forbid) Barley or Mr. Growley got loose, I would only hope someone would go to the same efforts to get them home safe. It's funny how much those little suckers can get to ya. :D

We adopted Mr. Growley in December and I still cannot believe that he was just found on the streets matted and dirty and just like Pluto, not neutered or microchipped. Well, he's both now, and I wonder often whether his previous owners miss him because he's such an awesome little dog (if a little yappy) and what happened. He's definitely Mr. Personality and he's SO FREAKING CUTE - I mean, look at this, isn't it disgusting?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2329[/ATTACH]

So anyway, glad Pluto is home and if I ever see him loose again that lady and I are going to have some serious words. :P

post-5591-13567243458583_thumb.jpg