Forums are back in action! ×

I may be "behind" on my gaming BUT I BEAT ONE!

I HAVE BEATEN "LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS"!!!

I have sent the Evil Lord Ganondorf to his doom and feel quite accomplished. How much Rebel cred do I get for this?

This was done over the course of 5 months (since i purchased it in October, been going back and forth between playing Zelda and Epic Mickey) with only about 63+ hours of game time on Zelda, so not too bad for a husband and father of 4! Not bad at all.

I think I'll have to play "Skyward Sword" in a few months, but for now...Epic Mickey is the next target.

So stoked that it must be recorded on my NF blog too. Hahaha.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Nice work! It took me a while to knock that one off, got to the final dungeon and lost interest, but I got it in the end.

Skyward Sword is still sitting at the 1/3 completed stage, the Wii is boxed up and I have no motivation to unbox it at this time (I was very disapointed with that game, but I'm an old school Zelda player, YMMV)

Thanks Lachy! I've heard "mixed" reviews of Skyward sword. I'll give it a shot. I never had the nerve to try to older stuff. I heard Ocarina is badass. I had friends who had the gold NES cartridge, but never really got into it.

I got stuck at the same spot twice with that game and haven't bothered trying a third time. Congrats on persevering!

Thanks Seth! When i first started I got stuck....I hadn't even made it to the first dungeon yet...then I got into the first dungeon and was stuck there FOREVER. I googled a walkthrough of that dungeon to get me out of it (-1 i guess...) After that, I started getting the hang of things. Here's to you beating the game!

Woo, grats! Finishing more video games is one of my goals for this year. I've been working on Mass Effect 2 for almost a year now! :P And I don't think I've ever actually finished a whole Zelda game. Maybe I should marathon it, play them straight through from the NES to the Wii/DS versions! :P

Thanks shortkaik! In the last 12 months I have beat Ghostbusters & Guardians of Ga'hoole on the Wii (the only console i have...well except for the Sega Dreamcast! hahaha) and now Zelda. Pretty stoked. If you marathon it, you will automatically be given 1000 points of Nerd /Rebel Cred...says I. I need a good shooter game. Oh well, Epic Mickey is definitely worth playing!