Forums are back in action! ×

Good by 230s helloooo 220s!

Wow! What a difference a month and going strict paleo has made. It was just 3/7 that I posted I had made it into the 230s. I still can’t believe I started the month at 242 and now I am 229. 12.8 lbs in a month! I hit 239 on 3/7 so in 22 days I lost 10 lbs! I haven't been starving myself and I have eaten over 100 grams of protein on average. I am still doing a body weight workout 3X a week and more motivated than ever! Now I really feel like I am going to hit my goal of 220 by my May 12 wedding if not a little more. My fiance said my chest, shoulders, and arms are noticable bigger. It's nice to have a t-shirt be tight at the top instead of at the bottom. :smug: At the beginning of the month I was excited that I as down from a size 44 waist jean to a 38. Now if I am not wearing a belt I can pull the 38s off without unbuttoning them. Crazy. 41 lbs since January 1, 2012. I would have never thought. I cannot remember the last time I was in the 220s. I had to have been in my early 20s.

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Man...maybe it's because I've been having cheats on the weekend (especially last weekend), but since my initial 3 lb in 2 week drop I haven't noticed ANYTHING.

I don't cheat. In the beginning I think because I was so heavy and I did give up grains and sugar I dropped a ton of weight. In February I found myself allowing myself to have some beer with the guys or wine a few times a week. I only lost 5 lbs that whole month. Once I made the commit that I really wanted to hit 220 for my wedding more than I wanted to cheat I haven't cheated at all. It just doesn't work for me. I have made myself a smoothy on occasion with a banana and some almond milk but that's about it. I am pretty strict. At least you are getting back at it every week Do you cheat all weekend or just a meal?

Nice job. I'm just about to say adios to the 240's in the next week. I haven't been 230's since my wedding 4.5 years ago.

Paleo is amazing, isn't it? 30 lbs in 3 months for me.

Yes it is!

Usually just a meal, but last weekend was bad - we went out Friday night, then Saturday night my husband wanted pizza and I didn't feel like making anything, and then on Sunday we were coming back from grocery shopping and both STARVING so we stopped at McDonald's for lunch. Oddly, I did actually drop some weight from last week. Otherwise during the week I am pretty good I think.

It is a struggle because my husband is 0% supportive (he calls it my "crazy food diet"). But I know I can't blame it on him...only I can control myself :)

I always forget the exact diets people are doing - do you consume dairy? I'm wondering if that's part of the reason I haven't dropped significant weight. I love yogurt in the morning, and cottage cheese, and regular cheese and things of that nature.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Usually just a meal, but last weekend was bad - we went out Friday night, then Saturday night my husband wanted pizza and I didn't feel like making anything, and then on Sunday we were coming back from grocery shopping and both STARVING so we stopped at McDonald's for lunch. Oddly, I did actually drop some weight from last week. Otherwise during the week I am pretty good I think.

It is a struggle because my husband is 0% supportive (he calls it my "crazy food diet"). But I know I can't blame it on him...only I can control myself :)

I always forget the exact diets people are doing - do you consume dairy? I'm wondering if that's part of the reason I haven't dropped significant weight. I love yogurt in the morning, and cottage cheese, and regular cheese and things of that nature.

It would be very tough for me if my fiance was not supportive. She eats paleo at home with me. At work for her lunches she will have oatmeal or yogurt.

I do not eat any kind of dairy at all. I used to allow myself half and half but I gave that up March 1st. I will probably allow myself full fat cheese at some point but since I am still trying to lose weight I don't. I also count calories and keep my carbs to less than 100g. I generally come in about 40-70 a day. It only comes from veggies or fruit. I will maybe allow myself a tangerine or a banana here and there for variety.

I did recently (like Tuesday) discover raw bell peppers upset my stomach. I kept having an upset stomach so I eliminated a different veggie a day from my salad and discovered it's the peppers. Bummer!

I am not expert. I don't claim to know much about paleo or macro-nutrients. I just know that this has been working for me.

Bummer on the peppers indeed! I love those things.

TBH I'm still kind of mixed up about my goals. I'm sorta still in the weight loss mode, but I say I'm not and I actually just increased my calorie goal to around 1900 - my supposed TDEE. And I'm lifting weights. So I'm trying to build muscle.

See what I mean about conflicted? I always tell people to make up their minds about what they want before they try going for it, but I apparently suck at it myself :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8