Forums are back in action! ×

TLDR: New to the site and working on loosing a bunch of weight on Keto. If you have some time, subscribe to my vlogs, follow my instagram and subscribe to this thread if you are interested to see how things go.

Hey guys, just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Pat.

Back Story Time ... 7 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. Around 240lbs 12% BF. I was a college athlete and had been working out and lifting seriously for over 10 years. I had never really been "thin" and kind of struggled with weight on and off throughout my life, but was always athletic and had built myself as needed for my sport (Football).

In college , I started to take things even more serious and was provided the resources to really focus on fitness and improve athletic explosiveness and strength. At my peak I could bench 405 for 3 clean reps. I could complete full ROM squats at 625lbs. I was never a big deadlifter but could clean 275 for several reps. 40 yard times were respectable for my size. Lifting and working out was my life outside classes and I took it very seriously.

Upon graduation the athletics stopped and the eating habits did not. Eventually the eating habits went from high volumes of clean food to whatever was easy and quick. I took a desk job where sedentary was an under statement. Time became limited and trips to the gym gradually stopped. Eventually, tired of my boring ass job, I started my own business and as anyone who has done this knows, free time is not a thing. Finding the time to get to a gym was still not a priority and I continued to balloon up through 2016.

I don't think I ever realized the extent of the weight gain since it was over such a long period, but by mid 2016 I has reached a massive 365lbs and close to 40% body fat. I had not been lifting so the muscle loss over the 7 years was extensive. I don't really know what the driver was, maybe the XXL shirts starting to get tight or seeing photos of myself, but one day I decided enough was enough. The excuses had to stop and I had to take the time to focus on MY well being for once in 6 years.

From Sept to Dec 2016 I dropped 50lbs by adding some cardio and fixing my diet. This made it possible to feel more comfortable at the gym. Some ROM started to come back and I could actually complete a workout without needing to stop to catch my breath. Over the holidays I lost my way a bit and put about 10 lbs back on. Around mid January I got back on track and I am down 15 lbs putting the total at about 55lbs since September.

Its now game time and I want to share my experiences and progress and see where things take me. I don't have a lot of before pictures but I have started to create some vlogs to track and document my progress. If you guys have some time please check them out and don't hesitate to comment and subscribe. You can also follow me on Instagram. Links are also in my signature.

Ill be starting my own Daily Battle Log in the next few days so I will throw up a link here to that thread once I start it. Thanks guys and looking forward to participating on the site!

• Like 1
ALTERED ATHLETICS