Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone, I've just turned 40 and I live in London. Though I'm not overweight you can definitely call me 'skinny fat". In the past I've attempted to get fit but have never been able to keep anything going for more than 3 weeks. I have consistency issues. When I tried Steve's Beginner Workout on NF last year, it felt right and but after 3 weeks I stopped, therefore no results. By introducing myself here and reporting my progress I'm hoping to stick to it this time.

I want to add some before pictures etc for comments , where do I do all that? 

Tomorrow is my day 1, I'll give it a go with Beginner's Bodyweight Workout for 6 weeks, 3 or 4 times a week. Eventually I like to start lifting weights after a while, I can't stand cardio so HIIT and weight lifting will be the only things.

Wish me luck :)

Sen

• Like 1

Senata

It is nice to meet you. I understand how things can go really well for a short time.. then life happens and all the sudden it was forgotten. Hopefully we can keep each other accountable and on track. Just remember, sometimes starting small and then increase as you go.

I don't think you need luck. I think you will do it this time.

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 06/03/2017 at 0:23 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Senata

It is nice to meet you. I understand how things can go really well for a short time.. then life happens and all the sudden it was forgotten. Hopefully we can keep each other accountable and on track. Just remember, sometimes starting small and then increase as you go.

I don't think you need luck. I think you will do it this time.

Hi Bean, thank you for your reply and nice to meet you too. How's your progress coming along? With a  few days delay I finally started today but I was only able to do 1 round of the beginner circuit with push ups on my knees, even then it was so difficult. When I did this exercise I was able to finish whole 3 rounds, I guess this is what 40 is like haha!

Now new goal is to to the second round as well in a few days and also add at least 2 proper push ups.

On 06/03/2017 at 1:08 PM, Halo said:

Keep a log of workouts if you can. It will help to see your progress in a few weeks to get you over the hump. 

Welcome!

Hi Halo, nice to meet you, what a good idea to keep a log. I'm definitely going to do that, though I don't have much to write down today, I only did one round of beginners circuit instead of 3!:) how's things with you?

2 hours ago, Senata said:

Hi Bean, thank you for your reply and nice to meet you too. How's your progress coming along? With a  few days delay I finally started today but I was only able to do 1 round of the beginner circuit with push ups on my knees, even then it was so difficult. When I did this exercise I was able to finish whole 3 rounds, I guess this is what 40 is like haha!

Now new goal is to to the second round as well in a few days and also add at least 2 proper push ups.

Senata

I am not going to lie.. we had a major setback here. My daughter is down on day 6 of a nasty Flu bug and all she wants is me basically cuddling her. She is 9, so part of me is giving in more since she may not want me to next time. However, I think we are finally starting to get over the the worst of it. I wish I could say I had even looked at the circuits, but not yet. With the kids and school and work, time is one of those things that I can't do too much at once. Instead I have daily "chores" that are all things that can be done in 5 minutes. Sometimes the 5 minutes is to go do wall pushups, sometimes the 5 minutes is to spend 2-10 minutes organizing a room. Our basement use to only have 2 small paths in it. Over a year using the "I will work down there 5 minutes" we actually were able to clean out so much of it, we were able to put in a treadmill and have actual large amounts of floor space. I know the weight and the clutter didn't happen overnight, so they probably won't go away overnight.

WTG getting the first round of the circuit done. The fact that you not only committed to doing it but finished it is a great start. If you keep that up, I am sure you will get through 2 rounds by the end of the weekend. Great job you are well on your way to leveling up. I am sure I will hear your getting those push ups done in no time.

• Like 1

Oh my God I'm so sore today! This explains how unfit I am! My shoulders and my quads are killing me. Sadly no soreness on my bum, which I would like to work on the most. Maybe I'm not doing the squats correctly?

Bean, I can imagine what's like to have such a busy schedule with schools and kids etc, well done making the most of those spare  few minutes!

4 hours ago, Senata said:

Bean, I can imagine what's like to have such a busy schedule with schools and kids etc, well done making the most of those spare  few minutes!

Honestly, I can't imagine it either. I just go with what I can do, which means each day can be completely different then the next.

Some days I walk around, feeling like everything is under control, I got this. I am going to rock it. This is easy, why did I worry it would be so hard.The kids are behaving, the homework is turned in, work was a breeze, the house actually looks kinda clean...

Then other days, its best described as....
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!  Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!