Forums are back in action! ×

It's the little things, really

I had to cut my toenails. I had been putting it off, because it's a pain. I have to contort myself around until I can both see and reach the toenails, and it just reminds me of how horribly out of shape I am.

Tonight, I know I just need to do it. I pull my foot up...hey, that was easy. I reach down...I remember this being harder. Holy cow, I can cut my toenails without feeling like my leg is twisting off!

I know, intellectually, that the bodyweight exercises and yoga I'm doing are making me stronger and more flexible. But it's things like this, things that used to be hard, and are becoming easier, that really drive home the difference I am making in myself.

It's a small woot, but one that makes me smile :D

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Sounds awesome to me! I've been there, believe me, and know how much these little things mean. Congratulations and Woot to you!

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

— Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

It might be one little thing right now, but soon those "one little things" start adding up and you find yourself a completely different (and more awesome) person! Woot!

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.