Forums are back in action! ×

Good morning folks. Been reading the site for awhile, never realized there was a forum section that I had completely skipped over (I don't do facebook or social media, but forums at at least alright)!

I'm roughly 30 years old (I say roughly as I don't really care). I've always been a "fluffy" fellow (fans of Gabriel iglesias will understand, only been a "DAAMN!!" for a couple years). Weight has been an issue with me since roughly 4th grade (helped in football but thats about it). Even when I played competitive soccer, I was still by far the largest person on the field and still relatively heavy framed.

My first weight loss journey began after making a wedding video for my brother. Seeing multiple chins on several hundred photos will get anyone to start trying to lose weight. I did it the bad way, crash diet: half a cup of plain yogurt, dry salad, small dinner (then get drunk in evening). I dropped a lot of weight, went from 350 - 230 in a short while. Then went off diet and gained about 50 of it back. Had some health issues and threw out my back about 3-4 times a year (always doing manly things like sneezing or farting hard). Finally got fed up with it a few years ago. Started tracking my weight/calories when a doc said the best thing I could do for my health was drop some weight. Eight hundred sixty-six days (866) I started using Myfitnesspal. Lost twenty pounds and have kept it off. Then plateaued. Google "how to run" and found a NF article. Started the beginners body weight circuit in october/november of 2016.

Since then, I've recently discovered that...I...have...collar bones! Biceps (not huge but I have them)! Pectorals!

Hope to keep learning here with you all.

P.S. Gaming interests

Favorite series by far are metroids, zeldas, and fire emblems (recently discovered). I almost always have a kindle (or kindle app) or my 3DS with me. Also love walking my dog (dogs favorite thing to do is clean the sweat off my face when I'm doing planks, which makes it surprisingly difficult to keep count) 

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

Welcome
I will say, I can sympathize to the dog helping with planks. My dog has decided to come over and "check" on me and while he is only sniffing, it can mess things up. I have taken to using the timer on my phone when planking. I always subtract about a second or 2 to get in and out of position, but it is easier than trying to count and allows me to remind the dog to go away.

I also don't have social media or facebook, so the forums are my only real way to connect with people. I am glad to hear I am not alone. It sounds like you are well on your way to getting healthier. While I am new here too, it sounds like you are a bit ahead of me. Great job and I look forward to getting to know you better.

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Bean,

Thanks for saying hi!

I wouldn't say I'm "well on my way" just compulsive and VERY routine focused. 

If you haven't peeked at fitnesspal (free app with a "premium" option which I do NOT use), it is a great place to start. Helped me start figuring out just how much I should be eating. 

Thats the little face cleaner!

20161106_102635.jpg

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

Pretty puppy. What a cutie. I love fluffy dogs.

My puppy is a Labraderp.. He is a black lab mix but he tends to be pretty dumb when it comes do well.. anything.. HE can slide on the rough tile floor and get a bit of road rash or you throw a ball and he is tripping over himself and the ball trying to get it.

I do have myfitnessPal, the problem I have is more remembering to track it or having the time to eat something. That sounds silly, but at work, I don't qualify for a lunch since I only work up to 5 hours but its from 9 AM to 2 Pm, And breakfast is usually eaten as I drive one or both of the kids to school. I am trying to make things a bit less chaotic here, and in many ways, the chaos only touches me since my eldest does not handle chaos or change of plans well. So I tend to make sure the kids routines are not affected, even if it messes up mine.

I would say considering you are logging your calories, you have been already losing weight, are all good signs of you getting started on being on your way. I completely understand routine based and it can be a blessing in may ways. Especially since once you get a habit established as a routine, its much easier to remember to do it than in those first months of doing something. Take that " compulsive and VERY routine focused. " as a strength that can and will serve you well in many things.

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis