Forums are back in action! ×

A Ginger on a mission

Howdy!

Using the glory of stumbleupon, I came across the article about one of the amazing transformations that came about after using this system, this community. Intrigued, I investigated probably 50 more articles that same day, and since then (about 2 weeks ago) have been convincing my wife to do this with me. We started the paleo diet yesterday, and I'm already feeling so much better than before.

My mission? to get in a more healthy condition so that I can finally be happy with myself. Not that I'm not happy with myself, but there is always room for improvement. I am currently 80lbs overweight (used to be 120lbs) and am trying to lose the belly that has cursed me since 7th grade.

I've done multiple different diets, and even just counted calories. In the past year, I have dropped 40 lbs, 3 pants sizes, and can finally run a 10 minute mile (previous record was 15 minutes). I'm excited to see where the NF community can help me get to.

I'm 21 years old and not getting any younger. These are the years I'll be in the prime condition of my life, so its time to take them back from fast food joints and make a difference in my own life. Its time to become a Rebel.

I recently started a C25K program on my iPhone called Zombies, Run! which uses interval training accompanied by a story about a zombie apocalypse that immerses you into the story while running/listening to music. I also enjoy hiking, biking, swimming.

In the future I hope to enjoy tae kwon do, Kempo and other various martial arts, as well as learn some swordplay. I've got a long bucket list, and plenty of time to do it all in :)