Forums are back in action! ×

So where do I find non-bullshit beginner workout plans?

Dear friends

A few weeks ago I started doing wall pushups (Im not fat by any means, but really weak for 1.9m) and planks (because I can't do sit ups yet) and also an exercise for the neck where you lay on a bench with your head hanging in the air and you move your head up and down. I'm beginning to see progress, I can do 'girl pushups' now (haha, what a success ^^), I'm feeling much better overall and I can't wait to work out again when I'm on a rest day. But as you see my workout is rather small, Internet is full with workout stuff, but much of it is only 'hey, look at this exercise. If you want more, pay 50 bucks for the whole course', or just painful if you've not reached a certain level of fitness . I therefore come to ask you for help, where do I find a good workout plan that does not involve dumbbells or other tools (I have them, but I found that I hurt myself even with the 3kg ones. Maybe later when I've levelled up) and is easy on the joints? I don't need to burn fat, im very skinny, just want to get fit.

Thank you very much and greetings from Zimbabwe

Matumba

• Like 1

Our illustrious leader, Steve, has a good beginner bodyweight program that scales nicely. Go to the main NerdFitness page and scroll down to the Angry Birds work-out.

• Like 1

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

I saw this posted on the forum in another thread somewhere... I forgot who shared it. (Thank you and my apologies! I would credit you if I had better memory!)

You should be able to google "[exercise name] progression" for just about anything and find some tools for that. If you can't do a movement or an exercise yet, don't force it. There are always other things you can do.