Forums are back in action! ×

A couple questions

Paleo pancakes rock. My biggest problem with them is my kids eat them as fast as I can make them so I get hardly any.

How about getting a George Formal grill. You can wake up, throw something on it and let it cook while you get ready for your day. My favorite on the GF (not specifically breakfast but it could be)? Some thick slices of tomato with little olive oil, s&p. Cook it for a bit and then top it with some cubed avocado. If you do dairy, you could throw a little feta on it as well. Maybe a bit of lime juice and cilantro. Hmm.. I bet if you threw that over a fried egg it would be epic too.

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused:

I'm not a huge fan of breakfast at all, and not a big fan of protein shakes either, until someone on these boards mentioned putting your protein powder in your coffee in place of cream and sugar. OMG, that did it for me! Coffee + protein = a breakfast I can keep down plus my daily caffeine...I'm unstoppable now!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I'm not a huge fan of breakfast at all, and not a big fan of protein shakes either, until someone on these boards mentioned putting your protein powder in your coffee in place of cream and sugar. OMG, that did it for me! Coffee + protein = a breakfast I can keep down plus my daily caffeine...I'm unstoppable now!

Seriously?!?! Have you tried different brands? Are they mostly all good or not? This could be my new favorite breakfast! I hate eggs.

Mom have I mentioned you're awesome!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

I think it was Oogiem that first mentioned it in another thread about protein powder.

Ok, I buy the stuff from Wal-Mart (hate W-M, btw)...Body Fortress brand. I just finished a tub of chocolate, so I'm trying vanilla now. I have a travel mug that I put my coffee in every morning, so now I just put in the amount of protein powder I would normally use (1-2 scoops, depending on the workout), put a little coffee in there to make like a slurry or paste, then put in the rest of the coffee. No creamer, milk or sugar necessary. Coffee and protein...yeah, baby!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

So my wife and I just started the paleo diet, and she is under the assumption that we can only have eggs and fresh sausage every morning. the problem is, she really doesn't like eggs, or protein shakes. I'm looking for suggestions on what else could be a good breakfast food that can be made rather quickly in the morning as we both get out of bed and have to leave an hour later to get to our job/classes.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/

Sitting here drinking protein coffee right now and I gotta say it ain't bad. It's not quite the usual coffee but it's pretty damn good and a great alternative for the days I really have no time or desire to eat in the morning.

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

I need to go make mine now...I went to bed at midnight last night and when I finally rolled over this morning, it was 9:45am! My kids had already made their own breakfast, champs that they are. I must have been really sleep deprived, but now I'm all groggy.

~Oscar Wilde

As for the salsa chip-thing, I've heard of people making Kale-chips, though I don't remember the process or how paleo they are, but that would be a good way to have a crunchy paleo snack with your salsa. I don't know how well the flavors would mix, but it's worth exploring I'd imagine. I'm not paleo, so it's not something I've really thought about, but I'm always on the lookout for healthy alternatives for my favorite junk foods!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

As for the salsa chip-thing, I've heard of people making Kale-chips, though I don't remember the process or how paleo they are, but that would be a good way to have a crunchy paleo snack with your salsa. I don't know how well the flavors would mix, but it's worth exploring I'd imagine. I'm not paleo, so it's not something I've really thought about, but I'm always on the lookout for healthy alternatives for my favorite junk foods!

Kale chips are awesome (and paleo, depending on which oil you use to toss them in!), but I don't know how well they would hold up to dipping. I've found that the ones I make are thin and crunchy and almost melt-in-your-mouth worthy, and would probably dissolve if I tried to dip them in anything.

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge

A warning about the protein powder coffee: If your coffee gets cold sitting on the counter because you're running around like a nut trying to get five kids ready for school the Monday morning after spring break, DO NOT put said coffee with protein powder in the microwave to warm it back up. UGH!

Who knew protein powder could coagulate? You've been warned!

~Oscar Wilde