Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy ways of meeting women?

Oh and call not text or Facebook .

I agree with being with real people , I hate when I'm on a date and the guy has his mobile phone on the table , makes me feel he is not interested .

And also : playing hard to get - BIG turnoff .

For me, playing hard to get = mind of a 12-year-old, and I'm not into that, thankyousomuch.

The opposite is also true - if a woman says no, the guy can't assume she's playing hard to get. Not knowing when to back off = major turn-off, bordering on creepy stalker behaviour.

I'm a woman, and shy and nerdy. I'm married, but before I met my husband (which I did at the ripe old age of 35), here were the places where he could have found me:

* at a wine-tasting (many restaurants and liquor stores host these. They don't expect you to know a lot about wine)

* Volunteering for the Nature Conservancy

* Volunteering for our local Legal Aid Clinic

* At Bible Study

* In yoga class

* At the library

* In the bookstore cafe, sipping coffee while reading

* At local free seminars on gardening

* At the local farmer's market

* Working the phone bank for a local NPR pledge drive

Here's where he actually found me:

* Online dating

But, boy, would my life have been boring if I hadn't done all those other things in the meantime.

Not gonna lie... it is fun to play (once in a while)... not hard to get, but maybe... something to do with flirtily encouraging the guy to make the move instead of you having to do it yourself? What do we call that?

Teasing? Remember guys are pretty stupid when it comes to body language.

Oh, flirting is OK, but when you say NO like 14 times and the guys keep acting like it's a game, geez!

Insert coin? I mean you are talking about guys who have played waaaay too many videos games (not that it makes it right, just kinda funny in a sad way).

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

It depends on what type of nerdiness you're into. LARPing, seeing if you can find D&D or other groups through meetup.com can work. Also if there are any conventions near you for what you're into, whether video games, anime, board games, comics, etc.

That is why it's cool being Klingon at a Con...we're ridged for your pleasure!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Insert coin? I mean you are talking about guys who have played waaaay too many videos games (not that it makes it right, just kinda funny in a sad way).

LOL, must be their line of thought. But this behavior is in no way exclusive of nerd guys. Seriously, if men knew how many of them are labeled as potential rapists because of this... because if they can't accept a No in the dance floor or in a bar, in a place full of people, I mean, they can't accept a No anywhere else. Some of those guys are merely stupid, but I will never take the risk. Many women won't.

Teasing? Remember guys are pretty stupid when it comes to body language.

I realize this, but I don't always like to be the pursuer and girls (or at least I am) are just about as clueless as to whether or not a guy likes them... and guys are a lot less prone to utilize "body language." So my hope, I guess, is that once in a while, if I make myself at least accessible and approachable, even if the guy is clueless, he'll make a move if he likes me.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I have a mental flowchart for dealing with ladies, as far as romance prospects go! It doubles as the plot of my multi-award winning movie that I plan on making.

NdYUL.png*

* - Side effects of following this flowchart may make you realize that you're not actually a real person, but the star of an action movie. If Pulp Fiction ensues, please see a medical professional promptly.

Guest Gemeaux
I have a mental flowchart for dealing with ladies, as far as romance prospects go! It doubles as the plot of my multi-award winning movie that I plan on making.

NdYUL.png*

* - Side effects of following this flowchart may make you realize that you're not actually a real person, but the star of an action movie. If Pulp Fiction ensues, please see a medical professional promptly.

Cute

I have no trouble meeting people =P that part is easy. I have trouble getting people interested enough in me to ask me to do things, invite me places or want me to join in. Sometimes I feel like I am just a bit too odd to get along with anyone.. properly. Makes me horrible at getting a girl interested in me, doesn't help that I'm overweight I'm sure. This whole topic just confuses me and frustrates me to the point where I've pretty much given up =P

This thread is overwhelmed with women! =P so much for men's guild!

PS: Meet tonnes of girls Swing Dancing =) nerdy ones too! mostly scientists actually haha.

I know I'm not supposed to be here, but I did want to say that I met my husband through a set up my best friend did...so never just brush off a girl that says "my friend would be perfect for you!" without meeting the friend first. And my husband HATED my friend, but as it turned out, we were opposite personalities, so he loved me. :smug:

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

That is why it's cool being Klingon at a Con...we're ridged for your pleasure!!!

Bahahaha!!!

I'm with MirG, nice guys don't want nice girls. But the way I see it, if you're not smart enough to date someone who will love you for you... well don't come crying to me when you get what you asked for. That goes for both men and women.

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

Wake Your Dreams...

Wow, I've read every post here and i've gotta say, this is getting interesting! Although the majority of the posts were from women, I think all of us Guys here can say that we appreciate the feedback, because let's face it 90% have NO idea what we're doing when it comes to trying to get a girl.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."