Forums are back in action! ×

Hi from Sunny San Diego!

I found the site while searching "how to do pull ups", not that I do not know how, I was just looking for some pointers.

Anyhow, Hi my name is Kat and I am a gaming addict. I am making some major changes in my life and I intend to make 2012 a milestone year. Yes I want to lose weight, but I want that to be just a result of other changes - eating clean (primal focus) and making fitness part of my routine - like brushing my teeth! I love how this site relates health and fitness to something very close to my heart. I love gaming as much as I love food. I have to eat, I have to game - so I am re-educating myself as to how to do both in moderation. I am an avid MMORPG gamer - WOW, SWTOR primarily. Putting the gaming ideology to work in my RL is perfect. I have always wanted to run like my toons; effortlessly running through the woods (in Skyrim they get tired, silly idea developer guy), shooting at things, wearing cool leather stuff - healing people and saving the masses.

I look at doing my workouts like doing Daliys! HA! Sorry - guys, I gotta do Daily's or I cannot level up my LIFE!!!!! I can meet you at the INN or Cantina later. I am going to max out my RL cooking and my other profession will be Sailing. I know that is not a gaming thing, but it is a BIG part of my life. I am going to get my sailing certs this summer - I will be the Captain of my own ship (boat) when I hit level cap. :)

So - that is me and when I am not busy doing Dailies - in and out of game, I will check in to see how you are all doing.

katgetsfitDwarf AdventurerSTR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 4 WIS: 4 CHA: 2"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward." - Victor Kiam

Heya Kat, Welcome to NF, I'm also a resident of SoCal, so it's a pleasure to meet you! I hope the best for your Sailing certs, and I can think of plenty of games where sailing is part of it! Numerous Final Fantasies, and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker! that game was 90% Sailing, it got rather redundant at times :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hooray to leveling up your life in SoCal!! I am a SoCal resident myself and while I didn't understand half of what you said (not much of a gamer here), I wish you the best of luck! It seems like there are lots of us in this area and it's so nice to have the support. :-)

"'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." -- Josey Wales

Thank you all for the postive feedback. I have to say that this site has helped me find my mojo again. I wanted to change things up a bit last night, so I thought I'd be supper cool and do the fitness level of Dance Central 2 with the kennect...HA HA HA - pulled a muscle. Note to self - warm up before you wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. LOL

katgetsfitDwarf AdventurerSTR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 4 WIS: 4 CHA: 2"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward." - Victor Kiam