Forums are back in action! ×

Q for Women: What Makes a Man Easy/Difficult to Get Along With?

Guest Gemeaux

Easy : can laugh at himself , able to dish it out but take it too , tolerant , not a homophobe or racist , able to talk about a wide range of topics , asks about how my day is going , has his own life , not going to agree with me all the time , sense of adventure , does not do " treat her mean , keep her keen " is honest about his feelings even if it hurts me ,..

Bad : just talks about himself , does not bother to go out of his way to ask how I am , the " the world is against me mentality " , holds grudges , bad temper , rude to other people , hot and cold , has to fit in , can't think for himself ..

I think for me the most important things besides striking good looks and a big bank account (LMAO!!! KIDDDING!!!)...are humor, compromise, intelligence, capacity to work well with others, an open mind, wonder at nature, self love/confidence, empathy, compassion and common interest...

arrogance, self centeredness, closed mindedness, rididity and a tiny penis would all be deal breakers for me (LOL)

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Hmmm... well after observing these standards, I guess the next question I have is:

How can a guy who possesses these qualities provide opportunities for himself to show you ladies that he has them?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I have this image of geeks sitting around a table in the back of a comic book store debating strategy moves and playing "The Manly Game".

Nerd 1: I'll play my "Metrosexual" card with my "Soy latte and the latest Nicholas Sparks book" card.

+5 Mystery +2 Conversation starters

Nerd 2: "Smart Geek" with "Mac and a brownie I must share"

+5 Potential Multimillionaire + 3 Tormented Emo Soul +5 Chocolate

Nerd 3: "Nerd Fitter" with "Epic Beard and a lost kitten"

+10 Future Husband +5 Cuteness +50 Manliness

Nerd 1: The beard... always the beard...

Nerd 2: Damn you Chuck Norris!

Go Big or Go Home! Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk.

Wake Your Dreams...

Whelp that eliminates 90% of the men in any major US city. Especially Boston. Those guys are crazy!

Hey! I take exception to that! :tongue:

I must say I really enjoy all the gender relations discussions lately. It's always good to get a reminder of some of the basic differences between me and my girlfriend. Communication almost always needs improvement and empathy.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I was actually joking...i have dated men with tiny penises in the past and they usually make up for it in other ways if they know what is good for them.

When my brother was a kid, and yes, he is an engineer...he and his friends SWORE by the book--how to win with women...it was seriously a role play, situational, step by step book on how to get with girls...and man if it didn't work! LMAO--i guess you could call it the idiots guide to winning with the ladies...

I think the MORE you get yourself out there in a mixed gender world with people doing things YOU enjoy the more you can show yourself to be who you really are. Seriously, you forget...THEY are looking for a nice guy just like YOU are looking for a nice girl....so its win win...especially since a lot of people believe that everyone is not looking for something serious and all they want is hook ups and stuff...I think this is all an internet BS thing and most folks really do want to date and have a good relationship.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I think someone said it earlier in this thread about guys learning to dance. It is sooo true! First off the ratio of girls to guys is definitely in the guys favor and if you go take a group lesson you usually get to switch partners throughout the lesson so that you get to dance with everyone. I go swing dancing once or twice a week and I will tell you that at any point in time if you look at the dance floor every woman is smiling, even the ones that either just messed up on their own or the ones where they guy just flubbed up the lead big time and they ended up tangled. It's all about having fun. And just about all women (trying not to make blanket statements) love a man that can lead them. It shows confidence. And a lot of women think it's cute while you're learning because well, women love to help men learn and better themselves. It's total win win situation and it's social and it's guided by an instructor so you won't be left all alone no matter what.

Go Dance!

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Guest Gemeaux

While I am not looking for a date at the moment , I have no clue how to get a date . Usually these things just happen , I just happen to meet a guy . My last boyfriend and I got set up by his mother !

I do not like going out of my way to meet someone , I like being surprised and meeting someone totally unexpected .

How can a guy who possesses these qualities provide opportunities for himself to show you ladies that he has them?

Get involved with social groups focused on activities you like, get to know some of the women there, and when you're interested in them, actually ask them on dates which are obviously dates. I swear, it is a lost art. Not "well I'm having some friends around for a movie this weekend do you want to come along? Maybe we could grab some food beforehand?" Even if you're going out for dinner and a movie with them romantically, make sure they know it's romantic! I wasn't entirely sure I was on a date with my first boyfriend until his hand was on mine in the movie theater. Partially because it was a zombie film - again with the clarity! "Is this a date? I don't know, it's not a romatic film..." But zombie movies are the best, and I'm glad he chose it. He picked it by talking with me at the sci-fi society, hearing about how much I liked horror movies and how much I was looking forward to the ones that were coming out. Protip from that: obviously you're interested in her and will be trying to find out all you can about her interests, so take opportunities to use that knowledge. :)

Anyway, that'll make a good impression from the start, and then she'll be paying a lot of attention to your behavior, so be on your best!

(None of this is to say there's anything wrong with being friends first or with girls asking guys, of course. But the "traditional" happens so rarely these days (at least in my social groups) that it's really nice when it does.)

You also might want to check out the "Nerdy Ways of Meeting Women" thread over in the men's guild. :)

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

I think someone said it earlier in this thread about guys learning to dance. It is sooo true! First off the ratio of girls to guys is definitely in the guys favor and if you go take a group lesson you usually get to switch partners throughout the lesson so that you get to dance with everyone. I go swing dancing once or twice a week and I will tell you that at any point in time if you look at the dance floor every woman is smiling, even the ones that either just messed up on their own or the ones where they guy just flubbed up the lead big time and they ended up tangled. It's all about having fun. And just about all women (trying not to make blanket statements) love a man that can lead them. It shows confidence. And a lot of women think it's cute while you're learning because well, women love to help men learn and better themselves. It's total win win situation and it's social and it's guided by an instructor so you won't be left all alone no matter what.

Go Dance!

^This! I love a guy that can dance.... or at least isn't afraid to try. Who cares if you make a slight fool of yourself, I do it all the time and just laugh it off!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

^This! I love a guy that can dance.... or at least isn't afraid to try. Who cares if you make a slight fool of yourself, I do it all the time and just laugh it off!

So true...I wish Hubby liked to dance, but it takes at least a few drinks to even get him out on the floor, and then it's only the slow stuff.

A few months ago we went to a bar with another couple, and her husband danced with each of us in turn all night. It was so much fun to do something besides sway side to side in a little circle, lol.

Take a note here guys...women REALLY love dancing!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde