Forums are back in action! ×

Been reading for a while but first time posting

Hey everyone... I've been browsing through a lot of Steve's posts and the threads here in the forums for a while, but this is my first time posting... I can probably see myself as a nerd since I've owned game consoles as far back as the N64 up to the PS3, though I'm more into PCs now what with Skyrim and all... I'm not super fit, but I'm not new to working out either...

I was pretty active when I was a kid, being a scout, going on camping trips and spending almost everyday in the ocean (we lived pretty close to some body of water regardless of how many times we moved). When I was sixteen, I spent most of my summer holiday in the mountains and I was a member of a gym when I was 17 and stayed for a year...

But then I went and studied culinary arts... Honestly, I didn't know that you had to eat, I thought I just had to cook! But that's what happened and for two years I was force fed every sort of item that had massive amounts of glucos, starch and grain... Suffice to say, I gained about 50 lbs after that... Then I got busy and gained even more weight... But now I'm a little less pressed for time and going to the gym again...

I gotta say though, I might be bigger, but I definitely became weaker... Hopefully coming here will give me some ideas to help lose some fat a little faster... So with that in mind, please take care of me everyone... Salamat!

Welcome! Have you formulated a plan yet? :) This place is great for keeping you motivated AND accountable!

Thanks Mir! Um, I'm my routine is mostly centered around working my entire body... You know, squats with weights and some deadlifts on the side... I can't do pull ups and chin ups yet... I tried, slipped and almost broke my wrist trying to break my fall...

Excellent :) Did you check out Steve's article on how to do a pull up? I got halfway up yesterday...was pretty impressed with myself :P

Definitely avoid breaking your wrist...that's not going to help your workouts ;)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hello champjklccmk,

Welcome!

How did you feel about culinary school (besides the weight gain; that sucks)? I went back and forth over going back for CA for a long time before deciding not to.

Regards,

Perry

Thanks Perry! Um, it was okay I suppose... I got to cook lots of different stuff and I learned some french words though I'm pretty bad at prouncing them... The eating part wasn't bad either, they tasted pretty good... My only issue was we had to eat three course meals and we weren't allowed to leave even a crumb on the plate... Considering our menu consisted plenty of rice and other grains, I ballooned pretty quick...

Excellent :) Did you check out Steve's article on how to do a pull up? I got halfway up yesterday...was pretty impressed with myself :P

Definitely avoid breaking your wrist...that's not going to help your workouts ;)

Not yet, but I'll read it after this... Back when I was 110 lbs I could do 10 that I assumed were pull ups, now I can't even grip the bars... The humiliation definitely wasn't the highlight of my day... Still, can't give up right?