Forums are back in action! ×

Things you wish women would stop doing to themselves

After the initial burst of replies the thread is now also about what we like about women. ;)

----------

Before I start the thread I want to say that my goal with this thread is to be as constructive as possible, I know female rebels will read this thread so let's tell them these things with good intentions shall we? :)

Pet peeves may not be the exact expression I'm looking for but there are some things I see women do to themselves that in my view is doing more harm than good. I'll start with two.

* Pumping botox into their lips. I have not seen a single case of botox lips that doesn't look like someone punched the woman in her face.

* Women who look beautiful without make-up cover themselves and look worse. It makes me really sad inside, especially when women with freckles do it. Freckles are awesome, stop it.

I expect a counter thread. ;)

Those are my two cents, what's yours?

Guest Gemeaux

Dumbing themselves down for a guy

When they are in a relationship they forget about their lives and just focus on their guy

Reading dumb women's magazines and believing all the crap in it

Paying attention to Hollywood magazines. Sweet jeebus on a bike, I was looking through one of my wife's mags the other day and I couldn't help but thinking what a trainwreck celebrity culture is. All the plastic surgery, (borderline) anorexia, and bizarre fashion - how the crap has that become the model for success and beauty. There's nothing attractive about that sh!t...

Also, high heels. Don't get me wrong, they can be sexy as hell, but they destroy your feet, mess up your back, and from what I'm told aren't very comfortable to wear. There's gotta be a better option.

Also, high heels. Don't get me wrong, they can be sexy as hell, but they destroy your feet, mess up your back, and from what I'm told aren't very comfortable to wear. There's gotta be a better option.

High heels until you get there and look cute/sexy, then barefoot under the table, walking to the car, etc. Any time except when dancing/standing around mingling.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Guest Gemeaux
Paying attention to Hollywood magazines. Sweet jeebus on a bike, I was looking through one of my wife's mags the other day and I couldn't help but thinking what a trainwreck celebrity culture is. All the plastic surgery, (borderline) anorexia, and bizarre fashion - how the crap has that become the model for success and beauty. There's nothing attractive about that sh!t...

I agree , I used to buy those all the time years ago . Now I just buy women's health and science magazines .

I only wear heels for special occasions , and most women have to learn to walk in them first before trotting along in them all night and looking weird .

Have to wear heels, hubby is 6'8, and I'm 5'3.

Wish women were less catty.

A-MEN! I got out of high school 14 years ago, but so many women are still stuck there. I'm actually leaving my post as PTO prez after this year because of this...I'm there to help teachers, not deal with petty gossip and drama.

Sorry! Rant over now. :)

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Measuring their appearance by what they think other women think. Men measure their appearance by what they think women will think, obviously the point is to be attractive to the opposite sex. The headscratching thing is that many men don't really agree with the idea of attractiveness than most women think that other women think is attractive. Thus there are a lot of women out there who wish to become less attractive to men. On the whole women seem much more confused about how to build an attractive figure.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I have a few pet peeves...

* Women who call wine 'vino', i.e. "it's been a hard day at work, time for a few glasses of vino!" ...Instead of sounding classy, you sound like a tramp. stop it!

* Taking 3000 pictures of a night out, 2999 of those being the hand outstretched backwards facing camera pose, usually with a duck-lip pout.

* "I'll have a large kebab, 2 pizzas, chips, 3 chickens, 4 cheeseburgers and a coke... no wait, a diet coke". WTF!!

* Complaining about something completely irrational, and then expecting me to drop my rational brain to agree wholeheartedly.

* The way firm plans are never actually firm plans, just mere guidelines for an activity which may take place should she still be in that particular mood at the time. (I had an ex that did this ALL the time - used to drive me nuts when I'd make plans for a Friday, subsequently decline all other Friday offers, and then she'd change her mind and do something else)

* Trying things "guys love" that they read in magazines. No love, I don't really want to try the sex position where you tickle my nose with your big toe while trying to balance on an ironing board with 3 cups in your hand while I spank you wearing a giant foam hand, while your mother is on speed dial. That's just wierd!

But to be fair, these are silly little irritations when I think of the thousands of things I love women for.

Women are awesome. They smell nice, look nice and are fun to play with :-)

Measuring their appearance by what they think other women think. Men measure their appearance by what they think women will think, obviously the point is to be attractive to the opposite sex. The headscratching thing is that many men don't really agree with the idea of attractiveness than most women think that other women think is attractive. Thus there are a lot of women out there who wish to become less attractive to men. On the whole women seem much more confused about how to build an attractive figure.

Sooo, enlighten us clueless broads...what is it that men find attractive?

~Oscar Wilde

Have to wear heels, hubby is 6'8, and I'm 5'3.

Wish women were less catty.

Arrgghhh!! Why do the tall guys end up with the shorter girls! I am 5'10" and have dated one, yes only one, guy that was 6 foot. All others have been my height or shorter. WTF?!?!?

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Guest Gemeaux
How about constantly putting themselves down and demeaning themselves? One of my coworkers (the groupie) constantly talks about how "fat" she is.

I'm a bit guilty of this

Yes , tell us what you like about us :)

That would take far too long to write down :-)

Here's a few examples:

* The way women smell after just having a shower.

* The way women do that smile/blush thing when they've just had a compliment

* The way women do that hip sway thing when they walk up the stairs, and then pretend they don't know what we're talking about (you totally do!)

* Knee High boots in winter (nuff said)

* boobs

* The way women have that thing after a hard day at work when they want to snuggle in on the sofa, and do so wordlessly and smoothly (sometimes without me even noticing)

* The way women do the cute flirting to get ahead in queues/bar service/etc... I love it!

I could go on all day, but then I'd get no work done ;)

Sooo, enlighten us clueless broads...what is it that men find attractive?

I think most NF women get it a lot more than the general population. A lot of women desire to be unattractively skinny. Sure there is a small and vocal population amongst men who finds very skinny women attractive, but most don't.

Men like butts. A lot. Like a lot, a lot, a lot. A nice butt is not created by getting skinny alone. Squatting, deadlifting, and other assorted leg strength exercises make a nice butt. You'd think that women would focus on their butts like men do on their abs, but they don't. Again, this is a place where NF women are way ahead of the curve. While opinions on Crossfit vary widely usually strongly pro or con, the one thing universally agreed apon (at least by men) is that Crossfit produces fabulous rear ends on their females. Yoga tends to have this repuation as well. Pretty much all forms of cardio are lacking in this repuation.

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I think most NF women get it a lot more than the general population. A lot of women desire to be unattractively skinny. Sure there is a small and vocal population amongst men who finds very skinny women attractive, but most don't.

Men like butts. A lot. Like a lot, a lot, a lot. A nice butt is not created by getting skinny. Squatting, deadlifting, and other assorted leg strength exercises make a nice butt. You'd think that women would focus on their butts like men do on their abs, but they don't. Again, this is a place where NF women are way ahead of the curve. While opinions on Crossfit vary widely usually strongly pro or con, the one thing universally agreed apon (at least by men) is that Crossfit produces fabulous rear ends on their females.

WOOT, LOVE this answer!! Finally, something I have the advantage in...all these years I've thought it was all about the boobs, where I'm hopeless. ;)

~Oscar Wilde

Taking too long to get ready. Instead, keep it to the essentials and stop wasting time so that you can spend more time living your life. Lipshick is annoying (oh, you can't kiss me since I would have to reapply), makeup is annoying (it so fake and vane, like cosmetic surgery), perfume is annoying (most of them make me cough when I get near someone with a bunch on), hairspray is annoying (touching even partially crunchy stiff hair is such a turnoff). And why does it take so long to pick out an outfit, how about you pick one out mentally while you shower or other getting ready activities.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot