Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

I never got the "You're the type women marry, not date" I got family zoned. Where they tell you you're like a brother, so you instantly know it's NEVER happening.

Can't say I've had that one, but being military, I don't think I stuck around long enough to reach that status.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I never really understood that... Of all my male friends (and I'm friends with a LOT of guys) there's only I think 2 of them that I really genuinely think nothing could/would ever happen given the right circumstances.  It doesn't mean I think of them in any kind of romantic sense, just that I couldn't ever completely discount it either.  Also I find people more attractive not less when I know them better.  But then I'm weird like that :P

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I never really understood that... Of all my male friends (and I'm friends with a LOT of guys) there's only I think 2 of them that I really genuinely think nothing could/would ever happen given the right circumstances.  It doesn't mean I think of them in any kind of romantic sense, just that I couldn't ever completely discount it either.  Also I find people more attractive not less when I know them better.  But then I'm weird like that :tongue:

Ok, ladies...

Every guy you've ever met has thought about fucking you at least once

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Half Rhino, Half Warthog, Half human? Wait, are you Man Bear Pig?

Also Casey Jones. And Super Shredder.

And Raphael. Pretty much all the cool characters combined.

Machete - are you being serious about the autism? You've referenced it before but I assumed it was more self depreciating humour...

I love reading your posts, and I think you're adorable! Witty, insightful, like I said... interesting mind and all that. And I laughed out loud (I kid you not) when you said "that's what gets me repeat business". Repeat business! Bahahaha! :D I'm so sorry if you didn't mean for that to be funny, but I thought it was hilarious! And adorable ;)

Totally serious. I used to be really self-conscious but now I've decided to wear that shit like a badge. They told me my younger brother also is, but he's charming as hell so they usually think he's a sociopath.

Thanks. Mostly everything I post has some sort of humor in it, because why not?

Machete - you flirt all the time here. You are very funny and out going especially on this thread!

My twin sons' are autistic, one highly functional and the other severe. My one son cannot talk at age 10, but he learned to flirt! He is pretty amazing to watch, the sideways glance and subtle smile, a light touch, a soft laugh…. bam! he's got you hooked. He's beloved by every teacher, aide, every assistant. He's the Don Juan of the autism world and needs no words and is fearless. 

Machete, I agree with Guzzi, you are adorable!

Why thank you. Apparently it's an issue of recognition then; I can't even tell when I'm doing it. Maybe something to work on.

I applaud you as a mother. I recall how much shit my mom had to put up with from both my brother and me. It's a tough gig that not a lot of people would be able to understand. Serve in silence.

Well I assure you, I am much much more charismatic online than I am in real life, where I have to deal with timing and nonverbals and context. But thank you. One does one's best.

I can completely identify with what Machete said earlier about social interaction. I was a complete introvert and socially maladjusted for most of my life so I never really understood the subtext of conversations/ social rules either. It's something I've had to work hard at overcoming. I hope I've managed that...

tumblr_m5d8a6rcVg1qcwic6.gif

It was explained to me in college by a guy friend, that the reason why I was never asked out was because I was the kind of girl men marry, not the kind of girl men date….. I didn't get out much.

Haha. It was explained to me that I'm the type of guy that older women would like, and I would be killing it when I hit my 20s. Still waiting, though maybe I should look harder, because apparently I've been missing a lot of indicators. That or I just don't know what to do with them. (e.g. "Are you single?" "Yeah. Why?" "'Cause you're so hot. You should be mine." "Hahaha. [changes topic]")

• Like 1

I used to get "Oh, you're so cute" giggle giggle (walks away) when I flirted...

I think I would have much rather been shot down/slapped then discounted.

abc.jpg

I never got the "You're the type women marry, not date" I got family zoned. Where they tell you you're like a brother, so you instantly know it's NEVER happening.

Or a lamp.

• Like 1

I was essentially flat-out told that's why my wife chose me.  She was done dating the fun, exciting, interesting, good-looking people, and figured it was time to go out with someone like me. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Barfly! Look at the bottom of this page! Fenshire is reading this (hi, btw) and the poor guy was going to read this thread to try and pick up tips on flirting with women.  You're going to corrupt him!!!

Fenshire, don't read any more! It's not safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Barfly! Look at the bottom of this page! Fenshire is reading this (hi, btw) and the poor guy was going to read this thread to try and pick up tips on flirting with women.  You're going to corrupt him!!!

Fenshire, don't read any more! It's not safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Psh. He's 36. High time he was corrupted ;)

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Thrillho - She must have meant that it was time to go out with a funny, sweet, smart, caring, loveable guy!

The "I'm lucky to be with anyone at all" side of my brain tells me that. :) 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Thrillho - OH MY GOD!!!!!!! That's it! I'm coming over there to smack you upside your head with a wet fish!!!!!

That's a Bad Thrillho! Thinking bad thoughts like that. Bad!