Forums are back in action! ×

What women love about men.

I think Lando would be closing in the chat room… just saying :tongue:

First saw my husband on stage playing in a college jazz band, asked my friend if she knew him, she told me she did know him and I couldn't "get" him, he only dated music majors. Twenty years of marriage and we still laugh about it.

He would always be closing. Lando is a closer.

Apologies for darkening the mood, but I feel like this story of a kid who went on a shooting spree because he can't close is relevant to the discussion. Another one of those non-closers who feel entitled to female attention, but this weak excuse for a human chose to be violent. I feel strangely satisfied about the fact that he has a bullet in his head now.

• Like 2

What exactly were/are we closing? I'm a bit married? :-P confused! :-P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Okay just checking! Don't want to break any hearts around here ;)

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Okay just checking! Don't want to break any hearts around here ;)

Think it's far too late for that lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Think it's far too late for that lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lmao awwww *hug* I never knew mattyboy7one8! ;)

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Hers is much more charming and sophisticated, though short on details. I just smile and nod when she tells it :)

Go on then, what's your version of events? (I'm expecting this to be good;))

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

He would always be closing. Lando is a closer.

Apologies for darkening the mood, but I feel like this story of a kid who went on a shooting spree because he can't close is relevant to the discussion. Another one of those non-closers who feel entitled to female attention, but this weak excuse for a human chose to be violent. I feel strangely satisfied about the fact that he has a bullet in his head now.

That's quite frightening.  Though I suspect the fact that he couldn't "close" is related to him being Bat Shit Crazy.

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

A bit married? So there's degrees to marriage? Married as fuck.

Of course! If I was married as fuck I probably would be tattooing it on my forehead for everyone to know... A bit married means I still find it rewarding to converse with people of the opposite sex....

;-)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Yes! Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Yes! Inquiring minds want to know!

Ok, well, to start off we went to high school together. Never socialized, ran in different circles. In fact I can't ever remember talking to her, I just sort of knew who she was. Funny thing was, though, I had her class picture in my wallet every year. Neither of us remember those transactions.

Two years later I was at a party at a hotel with my then roommate. I don't remember if we were invited or not. Drunk as shit, I was trying to make a phone call and couldn't, so I dialed the operator (land line, 1977). Oddly enough, I thought I recognized her voice. "Carmen?" It was! I invited her to the party. Of course she couldn't come, but, she said, she knew a girl. She told me her name (the girl from high school, I remember her!) and connected me.

Her brother answered the phone and told me she was not at home, she was camping. Just that moment she walked in the door and her brother handed her the phone. I made up some story, and she agreed to come to the party. 2 hours later she showed up and she was beautiful. Things are a little blurry after that, but at some point I went home.

A couple of days later roommate confessed that he threw her into the hotel pool and she was angry. However, he said, she agreed to go out with him, but would I come along to help him smooth things over? Being very naive (I was 20) I agreed. We drove downtown to where she worked - he didn't seem to know where it was, hmmm - and waited for her outside the building.

The look on her face when she saw us told me immediately that she was not expecting us. We had a little confab on the street with me acting as go-between. She told me that, of course, she had not agreed to go out with him and, in fact he had been sort of stalking her for days. I suggested to him that we all go get something to eat and talk things over. I would drive her car, and she would go with him in his. At the last minute she said no, as I'd instructed her, she'd feel better going with me and he could follow us. It didn't take long to lose him (1975 Monte Carlo, FTW!) The next day I threw him out.

End of part 1

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

My wife and I tell considerably different 'how we met' stories.

The same.

We met at a party. Twice.

The first party we met at, at a buddy of mine's place, we spent the bulk of the night talking to each other. She has zero recollection of this, though I remember it quite vividly (as do some of my friends). Seems she was interested in a different guy and remembers a different guy. Interestingly enough the morning after I woke up with road rash on my face and no recollection of how it got there (used a ride a skateboard, including to and from parties, so I had a pretty good idea).

About a year or so later, we met at another party (at her house this time). Again we spent the bulk of the night chit chatting, even drunk boxed a little (this made here just crazy hot to me fwiw). She was preoccupied with another guy though and was crying over it by the end of the night. But I had a shoulder to cry on and it was only a matter of days before we were a thing. Been a thing about 14 years ago now.

• Like 4

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Ok, well, to start off we went to high school together. Never socialized, ran in different circles. In fact I can't ever remember talking to her, I just sort of knew who she was. Funny thing was, though, I had her class picture in my wallet every year. Neither of us remember those transactions.

Two years later I was at a party at a hotel with my then roommate. I don't remember if we were invited or not. Drunk as shit, I was trying to make a phone call and couldn't, so I dialed the operator (land line, 1977). Oddly enough, I thought I recognized her voice. "Carmen?" It was! I invited her to the party. Of course she couldn't come, but, she said, she knew a girl. She told me her name (the girl from high school, I remember her!) and connected me.

Her brother answered the phone and told me she was not at home, she was camping. Just that moment she walked in the door and her brother handed her the phone. I made up some story, and she agreed to come to the party. 2 hours later she showed up and she was beautiful. Things are a little blurry after that, but at some point I went home.

A couple of days later roommate confessed that he threw her into the hotel pool and she was angry. However, he said, she agreed to go out with him, but would I come along to help him smooth things over? Being very naive (I was 20) I agreed. We drove downtown to where she worked - he didn't seem to know where it was, hmmm - and waited for her outside the building.

The look on her face when she saw us told me immediately that she was not expecting us. We had a little confab on the street with me acting as go-between. She told me that, of course, she had not agreed to go out with him and, in fact he had been sort of stalking her for days. I suggested to him that we all go get something to eat and talk things over. I would drive her car, and she would go with him in his. At the last minute she said no, as I'd instructed her, she'd feel better going with me and he could follow us. It didn't take long to lose him (1975 Monte Carlo, FTW!) The next day I threw him out.

End of part 1

Wow! This is like a movie!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

The same.

We met at a party. Twice.

The first party we met at, at a buddy of mine's place, we spent the bulk of the night talking to each other. She has zero recollection of this, though I remember it quite vividly (as do some of my friends). Seems she was interested in a different guy and remembers a different guy. Interestingly enough that morning I woke up with road rash on my face and no recollection of how it got there (used a ride a skateboard, including to and from parties, so I had a pretty good idea).

About a year or so later, we met at another party (at her house this time). Again we spent the bulk of the night chit chatting, even drunk boxed a little (this made here just crazy hot to me fwiw). She was preoccupied with another guy though and was crying over it by the end of the night. But I had a shoulder to cry on and it was only a matter of days before we were a thing. Been a thing about 14 years ago now.

Yay! Nice guys don't finish last! These are great! <3

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

And we haven't even gotten to the romantic part yet :)

It it's late...

Nooooo you must! 5 more minutes!!! Pleaseeeeeeee I know it's my bedtime but we are so close to the best part of the story! ;)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

She has zero recollection of this, though I remember it quite vividly ...... Interestingly enough the morning after I woke up with road rash on my face and no recollection of how it got there ....

Hahaha! It's funny how the brain works, huh? Memory is a fascinating subject, I'd love to expand on that topic, but my brain just isn't playing ball this morning and I just can't fish anything worthwhile out of the fog inside my skull. Dammit. :(

End of part 1

So, in the car that night, she told me she wouldn't go out with him but that she wanted to go out with me. (Don't have to hit me over the head, I can take a hint ;)). I don't really remember the rest of the evening, I was in a daze.

We were pretty much inseparable after that; she stopped by my apartment every night after work and stayed late, but never stayed over. I cooked dinner for her - coq au vin, coquilles st jaques, peche flambé, simple filling fare. We were basically playing house.

One weekend after about 3 weeks of dating, we stopped for a bite to eat before seeing a movie. We had been commiserating about past relationships, wondering why people do what they do, and talking about how neither one of us could do that to anyone when I said "yeah, we should get married". Her answer was "yeah, we should".

The rest of the evening went something like:

"Were you serious?"

"Were you?"

"Yeah"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"So we're really going to get married?"

"Unless you don't want to"

"I want to"

"Then yes, we're going to get married"

We spent a lot of time that night saying "married" and "engaged" because it sounded so unreal.

The last thing she did before she went home was double check that we really were engaged and were really going to get married.

"Ok, we're serious, then"

"Yes, we're serious"

That was September, we were married in December. I knew better than to give her a chance to come to her senses. Almost 37 years later, she still hasn't :D

• Like 7

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

So, in the car that night, she told me she wouldn't go out with him but that she wanted to go out with me. (Don't have to hit me over the head, I can take a hint ;)). I don't really remember the rest of the evening, I was in a daze.

We were pretty much inseparable after that; she stopped by my apartment every night after work and stayed late, but never stayed over. I cooked dinner for her - coq au vin, coquilles st jaques, peche flambé, simple filling fare. We were basically playing house.

One weekend after about 3 weeks of dating, we stopped for a bite to eat before seeing a movie. We had been commiserating about past relationships, wondering why people do what they do, and talking about how neither one of us could do that to anyone when I said "yeah, we should get married". Her answer was "yeah, we should".

The rest of the evening went something like:

"Were you serious?"

"Were you?"

"Yeah"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"So we're really going to get married?"

"Unless you don't want to"

"I want to"

"Then yes, we're going to get married"

We spent a lot of time that night saying "married" and "engaged" because it sounded so unreal.

The last thing she did before she went home was double check that we really were engaged and were really going to get married.

"Ok, we're serious, then"

"Yes, we're serious"

That was September, we were married in December. I knew better than to give her a chance to come to her senses. Almost 37 years later, she still hasn't :D

That is so adorable... I've got all the feels right now!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

That is super sweet. It's funny, on the surface I am pretty cynical about whirlwind romances and high school romances but then I hear a story like that and think it is sweet. Plus, my own marriage is the result of a (junior) high school romance. So why I tend to give them the side eye most of the time, I have no idea.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP