Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations!

So, someone on MyFitnessPal posted a link to Staci's story and I was so impressed. I was also highly amused by the name of the site, so I started poking around here. Before I knew it I had like 30 open browser windows trying to read all the information and I had written 4 pages of notes. This site is AWESOME!

I rarely fit in anywhere, so I'm not sure I fit here. I've got almost 150lbs to lose, I've never lifted more than 8lb dumbbells, I ditched the gym and am scared of the buff men in the free weight section anyway (well, scared of them snickering at me and running me out of their section for not belonging anyway). I can only do wall pushups because my wrists are too weak to support the size I've become. I've just recently started working out at home with my Wii Zumba and Jillian Michael's Kickboxing. But after reading so much here, it looks like I need to get on the strength training.

I'm about to start the C25K. I've signed up for the Run For Your Lives zombie run in August as motivation.

If there is a place for me given all that, I'd love to join the rebellion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!

Welcome HorrorGeek! You'll do fine in the rebellion. 150lbs to lose you say? No problem. I don't say that from personal experience, I say that from reading the amazing stories that you will find here at NF regarding people's journey to drop kick their weight to the curb. Me? I've lost a total of 40 lbs +/- a few. Keep reading the articles, you are on the right track.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Hey welcome! We are the Island of Misfit Toys...of course you are welcome here!

Wall push ups are a great start...before you knkw it you will be doing regular ones!

You don't HAVE to get into heavy lifting...for some people it's not a good fit. Personally, I love my manstress and I will never leave him.

Do you have specific goals yet, or are you still ruminating?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thank y everyone for the welcome! I really appreciate it!

MirGSS - For goals, I've gotten as far as being able to run the 5k and lose 100lbs (will judge then if I need to go lower). However, Run for Your Lives is also an obstacle course, so I need to strength train, and that's where I sort of flounder. Preparation for the Zombie Apocalypse is of great importance, this much I know. I'm just not sure how fast I should be progressing, so I get stuck goal setting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!