Forums are back in action! ×

More time or enough time?

Hey guys! So I've just started going to the gym again after joining the rebellion and I've been a follower of Steve's posts. So I try to do workouts that focus more on strength training (cuz I'm incredibly weak at the moment) and spend around 45 minutes in the gym, as Steve advised. It's been going pretty well so far, but I'm beginning to have some issues with the time limit. Don't get me wrong, I trust Steve's jugment with the 45 minutes thing. But I seem to be developing a need to spend more time working out. There's this nagging thought in the back of my mind that I'm just not doing enough.

Am I just being impatient?

I'll let the others go into the details about your workout, but my general thought is: If you are enjoying your workout and can/want to spend more time at the gym, do it!

I think he says 45 minutes because that's a time most people can make work, while also being enough time to fully work out. Certainly not a max!

Also keep in mind as you become less of a newb and level up, your workouts will naturally become longer.

Probably :) You might be getting addicted. Working out is awesome! When I first started lifting heavy, I basically spent every waking hour thinking about my next workout. I just wanted to do squats and deadlifts all day! How often do you work ouy?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

some days, I'm dead after 45 mins. In a good way. Tabatas - will kill you. LOL

Last night, I was there for 80 mins. I could have stayed longer but had someplace to be.

Go with the flow. Have an agenda when you go and let it take how long it takes.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

yes and no. Remember most people don't want to deal with "lots of time" at the gym to begin with. That's why there are som many "only xx minutes a day" routines. If you've got the time, the gumption and the energy, go for it. Remember, it's supposed to be fun!!

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Probably :) You might be getting addicted. Working out is awesome! When I first started lifting heavy, I basically spent every waking hour thinking about my next workout. I just wanted to do squats and deadlifts all day! How often do you work ouy?

Three days a week, Mon Wed Fri... I learned my lesson the first week when I went the whole five days and spent the next week with a fever and lots of body pain... So I figure I'd take it slow for now...

Heh, yeah, ramp up slowly. Personally, I think you can get in an excellent workout in 45 minutes. That being said, I am following a program that had me at the gym for 90+ minutes. Just pay attention to your body and make sure you aren't wearing yourself out. More != better... a lot of muscle building takes place while you are resting.

P.S. I have been lifting since around the beginning of the year...still a n00b by any standards...but I am still waiting to see the awesome results I want. You can check out my blog for a few pics.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8