Forums are back in action! ×

Loyal Companions: The Pets of the Rebellion

Good guess, but nope. He has been on a couple TV shows as a drinking mascot. I love Pierre...that is awesome! I love travel buddies. This guy accompanied me to Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, and Lisbon a couple years back. He's always up for a good night out for drinking occasions (NYE, and most recently the DC ShamrockFest).

I didn't think it was actually CG, but that's the only thing I could come up with. The monkey in Chris' (from Family Guy) closet? ;) Sounds like you've had some awesome adventure! I bought a tiny gnome once (named him Willfred) and thought I would make him my travel buddy... but I dropped the ball on that one real fast. I only have a picture of him at home in Alaska.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

...Those eyes...

Zoe is a 12 year old Border Collie. She is super intelligent, except for a couple crazy bits (like being afraid of the linoleum floor in the bathroom and trying to bury her food bowl in imaginary dirt.)

She was the best birthday gift I've ever received and she's grown up with me. Being an only child, Zoe's been my "little sister" for as long as I can remember. She's probably just as intelligent as a small child. I could not have asked for a better dog, and when the time comes for her to leave my family, it is tough to believe that any dog will ever replace her.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

As a general rule, I prefer animals to most people... so they're far more like family than pets!

Shadow is a 3 year old (we think) German Shepard/Husky mix (we think) rescue. He weighed 52 pounds when we got him and his ears were just giant scabs from insect bites. He's now 75lbs of terrified when it comes to new things/things that make strange noises, but he's getting better every day. Agility classes have been really good for him, and we've almost conquered the scary teeter-totter! On to the dog walk... since he is apparently also afraid of heights.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2459[/ATTACH]

He liked to sleep upside down on the stove in our old house... hasn't picked that habit back up since we moved now. He mostly likes to steal my spot on the couch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2460[/ATTACH]

Abby is a 7 year old (we think) lab mix (we're guessing border collie?) rescue. She and Shadow came as a package deal (or rather, I couldn't leave either of them there when I saw their condition) and she was also severely underweight and covered in scabs. She was apparently a bird-dog reject when she was younger, kicked out because they couldn't get her to stop mauling the birds. She loves to play more than anything and is picking up the agility training like she was made for it. She's a little "simple" and a little "sausage-like" now, but she's super sweet and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2461[/ATTACH]

Puzzle is my three-year old kitten. Got him from a cat rescue when I lived in Portland. He's tiny and terrified of everything. But he also follows me around like a shadow and snuggles with me whenever I sit or lay down. He and Shadow, oddly enough, love to play together. 75lb dog and 5lb cat. It's hilarious.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2462[/ATTACH]

And finally, This is Indigo, my pony. Well, she's not really a pony, but I call everything a pony. She's a 6 year old grade paint mare. She is super smart, super curious and playful, and has one of the biggest attitudes I've ever seen. She pretty much thinks that she is the best thing since sliced bread and doesn't understand why people don't recognize that. She's training in dressage. This picture is from when I first got her a year and a half ago. She a little better muscled now, and I shaved off her mane because it was scraggly and ugly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2464[/ATTACH]

post-4809-13567243505847_thumb.jpg

post-4809-13567243506258_thumb.jpg

post-4809-13567243506657_thumb.jpg

post-4809-13567243506927_thumb.jpg

post-4809-13567243507298_thumb.jpg

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

Zoe is a 12 year old Border Collie. She is super intelligent, except for a couple crazy bits (like being afraid of the linoleum floor in the bathroom and trying to bury her food bowl in imaginary dirt.)

She was the best birthday gift I've ever received and she's grown up with me. Being an only child, Zoe's been my "little sister" for as long as I can remember. She's probably just as intelligent as a small child. I could not have asked for a better dog, and when the time comes for her to leave my family, it is tough to believe that any dog will ever replace her.

OMG! My border collie (he's my avatar) tries to bury his bowl with imaginary dirt too! If anything gets left near the bowl he stuff it in with the food.

Oh! So yeah, Beren is my doggy buddy. He's a two year old border collie and he's up for anything.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2468[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2470[/ATTACH][

post-4795-13567243507985_thumb.jpg

post-4795-13567243508854_thumb.jpg

Challenge 1 Plank time: 1960 seconds

Challenge 2 Rope Jump: 4200

OMG! My border collie (he's my avatar) tries to bury his bowl with imaginary dirt too! If anything gets left near the bowl he stuff it in with the food.

Ha! My cat, Zelda, does a similar thing. She tries to bury her food dish if she doesn't like the food, much like she would bury her waste in the litterbox. It's her way of saying "This food tastes like sh*t." Hahaha. :)

She also uses the water dish as her safe keeping place. I quite often find her favourite toys or any hair elastics she can get to floating in it.

Also, I love your shot of Beren pouncing! Nice action shot!

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2472[/ATTACH]

I LOVE dogs! Constantly fighting my inner animal hoarder because I want to adopt every one I see!

Linus is the Shih Tzu on the left. (I was watching Lost when I was trying to come up with names for him :redface: )

Missy is the Malti-poo on the right. She came with the name -owner dumped her at the pound. Missy is 4 and Linus is 3. They are my babies! Both are the sweetest dogs I could ask for, and they are complete opposites in personality, so it makes for a lot of entertainment! LOL

post-5864-1356724350924_thumb.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Horror Geek Half Dwarf Adventurer!

My Challenge Thread is here.

I have zombies to outrun! Failure is not an option!

I love this thread.

Here's my buddy Harley. He's actually my parents' dog, but I lived with them up until recently, and he's the other love of my life. He just lost his vision and it's so depressing. But he's still an ever-loving, ever-loyal companion!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2474[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2475[/ATTACH]

edit: I still can't figure out why my vertical pics turn horizontal. it's driving me nuts; anyone??

post-4274-1356724350945_thumb.jpg

post-4274-13567243510464_thumb.jpg

Presenting Sidney! (aka Squishy) My Loyal Companion!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2480[/ATTACH]

She's a shar-pei/pug cross who is 1 year old this month!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2482[/ATTACH]

My roommate and I got her on New Years Day, and she is really the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2484[/ATTACH]

She likes snuggling, treats, squeaky toys, and nice walks. She is very friendly but we are still working on her social skills a little :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2486[/ATTACH]

She is going to be our running buddy soon, she might be a couch potato in the house but once outside she is a ball of energy! She keeps us active :)

post-5214-13567243512779_thumb.jpg

post-5214-13567243513879_thumb.jpg

post-5214-13567243515044_thumb.jpg

post-5214-13567243539118_thumb.jpg

The Road Goes Ever On And On

You can watch stuff happen, MAKE stuff happen, or wonder what the heck happened